***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Trump won Arizona easily in 2016. 

Ya. You said it's gonna come down to the blue wall which Clinton lost. I didn't think Arizona was part of that blue wall, since Obama lost Arizona. I was thinking Wisconsin and Michigan and that area.

I said I wasn't gonna do the math but I was able to paste their table.

There are ~306k votes left in counties Biden is ahead in.

There are ~55k votes left in counties Trump is ahead in.

Trumps is ahead by ~43k votes.

I didn't get detailed enough to look at the leads though. Let's say Biden is up 60% to 40%. That's 61,200 votes. If Trump is ahead 60% to 40% in his counties, that's 11,000 votes. That's a 50,000 vote advantage for Biden. Now I am pulling the % out of my a$$... but to be 90% sure of a Trump victory right now seems weird.

Am I correct in thinking that Trump pretty much has to win Florida, Pennsylvania and Michigan to have a chance?  

That plus one out of North Carolina, Wisconsin or Arizona would be his best chance?

Lose any of those big three and he's done.

Winning Florida-Pennsylvania-Michigan and losing Wisconsin-North Carolina-Arizona (which would mean those three flipping from 2016) would make it 269-269.  Wouldn't that be fun?

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Am I correct in thinking that Trump pretty much has to win Florida, Pennsylvania and Michigan to have a chance?  

That plus one out of North Carolina, Wisconsin or Arizona would be his best chance?

Lose any of those big three and he's done.

Florida-Pennsylvania-Michigan and losing Wisconsin-North Carolina-Arizona (which would mean those three flipping from 2016) would make it 269-269.  Wouldn't that be fun?

Dunno... but I know without NC and AZ I saw that Biden could win with PA, MI, MN, WI, and NH and still win. If he loses PA he's likely in trouble. If Trump loses NC he's likely in trouble.

Ok I kinda hate myself for going to the trouble since the tally and % have probably changed a lot, but in North Carolina I calculated with the same % in each county, Biden could gain 74,000 more votes before they get to 100%. 

The smart thing to do would trust NYT knows what they're talking about.

35 minutes in line in a very young and touristy district.  They had a rule you cannot campaign 75 feet from the door.  But with 6 feet between people that got used up very quickly.  I met one city council candidate and she convinced me to split my ballot (opposes those ugly sky-rise condominium-marts)

16 hours ago, funhusker said:

What? I’m not on your “ignore” list????

My ignore list is called a "scroll bar" in fact my mouse has one built in. 

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Dunno... but I know without NC and AZ I saw that Biden could win with PA, MI, MN, WI, and NH and still win. If he loses PA he's likely in trouble. If Trump loses NC he's likely in trouble.

Ok I kinda hate myself for going to the trouble since the tally and % have probably changed a lot, but in North Carolina I calculated with the same % in each county, Biden could gain 74,000 more votes before they get to 100%. 

The smart thing to do would trust NYT knows what they're talking ab