Biden's America

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’ll guarantee you nurses or anyone with a degree and a professional license is getting way more than that. 

If California wants to do that, fine. I’m against it nationally.  

Many Dr. Clinics do not have RN’s as patient facing staff.   General healthcare technicians are employed quite a bit and they probably make around $20-25 an hour.  

Edit, just looked and it was $22.50 for one particular silo of the healthcare industry.  

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Many Dr. Clinics do not have RN’s as patient facing staff.   General healthcare technicians are employed quite a bit and they probably make around $20-25 an hour.  

Edit, just looked and it was $22.50 for one particular silo of the healthcare industry.  

Yes. And, is that in California?

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’ll guarantee you nurses or anyone with a degree and a professional license is getting way more than that. 

If California wants to do that, fine. I’m against it nationally.  

Not around here...travel nurses maybe, but $25-$30 is pretty standard in a clinical or hospital. Long term facilities are less.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not now….in California.  

And, even if it was….so no need for the minimum wage at that level for them. 

Looked it up and it's still $27/hr here. I'm sure the wage varies a lot across Cali, plus nurses in a hospital are going to be paid different than those in an old folks home, but in general if Nurses needed a minimum wage $25/hr is too low almost everywhere.

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, ZRod said:

Looked it up and it's still $27/hr here. I'm sure the wage varies a lot a Ross Cali, plus nurses in a hospital are going to be paid different than those in an old folks home, but in general if Nurses needed a minimum wage $25/he is too low almost everywhere.

Hey….I was a nursing assistant (now days CNA) in college. I saw what nurses do and am always thinking they need as much as they can get. 

But, I still haven’t seen anything saying this is for nurses. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Nut, I still haven’t seen anything saying this is for nurses. 

Interesting, guess I didn't read too well. I wonder who it covers then. Good NA's deserve some coin, bilut probably know there's a lot that just sit on their a$$ and make the nurse do the hard stuff. :lol:

So, once CNA's go up, nurses go up, it is how it works.

My friends wife is a nurse here in Omaha and she sniffs over 100K a year.

I hope all the CNA's get big jumps in pay.  Agency CNA's can get 28-33 an hour

I still think (and this will never happen) that there should be a clear distinction between livable wage and HS kid working for some cash.

Timmy and Jenny who live in Elkhorn, in a 700K home and are 16 years old, just don't need a "livable wage", they are not buying groceries and chipping in to keep the lights on at home.  BUT here is where I am conflicted.  I believe you should try and make/take as much as you can when you can from your employer.  I am also conflicted because I miss the McDonalds dollar menu. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I still think (and this will never happen) that there should be a clear distinction between livable wage and HS kid working for some cash.

Timmy and Jenny who live in Elkhorn, in a 700K home and are 16 years old, just don't need a "livable wage", they are not buying groceries and chipping in to keep the lights on at home.  BUT here is where I am conflicted.  I believe you should try and make/take as much as you can when you can from your employer.  I am also conflicted because I miss the McDonalds dollar menu. 

Couldn’t agree more 

• Plus1 1