Biden's America

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So were you surprised it was that close?

It just seems like there is/was a lot of support for it but maybe that is just the vocal minority.  

No, because it's a mandate from a Democrat as President, so almost all Democrats are going to tote the party line and never vote against something their President thinks is great no matter how stupid it is.  Luckily, enough did that it didn't pass.

Actually, it was a vote to block the mandate and the vote to block DID pass.  Technicality.  

However LINK

The vote is largely symbolic. It seems unlikely that Democratic leaders in the House will take up the measure, and the White House has said President Biden will veto it if it reaches his desk.

There's not enough Democrats in the house with a brain and spine to do the same as the Senate.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, because it's a mandate from a Democrat as President, so almost all Democrats are going to tote the party line and never vote against something their President thinks is great no matter how stupid it is.  Luckily, enough did that it didn't pass.

Actually, it was a vote to block the mandate and the vote to block DID pass.  Technicality.  

If it had passed, how long would a company likes yours have had to get everyone vaxxed?

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

If it had passed, how long would a company likes yours have had to get everyone vaxxed?

This was a vote to block it.  So, technically, nothing has changed as of yet.

The mandate is tied up in courts and probably will go all the way to the Supreme Court. LINK

President Joe Biden is betting that his unprecedented coronavirus vaccine mandate will prevail against a flurry of lawsuits aiming to strike it down. The legal battle is expected to reach the Supreme Court.

I have told my management that we need to have everything in place so if and when the court allows it to go through, we are ready to go.  I won't put it past the government to make it effective immediately since we are now past December 4th.

Just going through the thought process of making this happen with management proves what a s#!t show this mandate is.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

14 hours ago, nic said:

why is Manchin’s no vote the end of democracy? Maybe they are referring to the voting rights bill and not Build Back Better.

I think its' tied to the voting rights bill.  If something's not done about that now, dems risk losing the house/senate in 2022 and then the BBB and anything else that is brought forward by Biden will go nowhere due to Mitch's vow to make sure that nothing gets done during a Dem POTUS term.

If the ability for all to vote continues to be impacted by gerrymandering and GOP moves then Dems may never hold a majority again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I think its' tied to the voting rights bill.  If something's not done about that now, dems risk losing the house/senate in 2022 and then the BBB and anything else that is brought forward by Biden will go nowhere due to Mitch's vow to make sure that nothing a gets done during a Dem POTUS term.

If the ability for all to vote continues to be impacted by gerrymandering and GOP moves then Dems may never hold a majority again.

Dems will get it back. 2022 is not looking good at all, but something eventually happens that swings politics. I think some of the Dems 2022 issues are self inflicted this time. Bad marketing….

• Plus1 1
50 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I think its' tied to the voting rights bill.  If something's not done about that now, dems risk losing the house/senate in 2022 and then the BBB and anything else that is brought forward by Biden will go nowhere due to Mitch's vow to make sure that nothing gets done during a Dem POTUS term.

Just so you are aware, gerrymandering does not impact someone s ability to vote.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Just so you are aware, gerrymandering does not impact someone s ability to vote.  

Please read this with the sarcasm with which it's intended, "NO WAY!"

We're having a decent dialogue here, don't need you to hop in just to stir things and up insult people.

• Plus1 2