Biden's America

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah….all I’ve heard from my MAGAt friends is how horrible Braden has been for oil production and oil industry jobs. 

Kind of ruins there whole crying act.  

Don't forget before that it was Obummer's fault for cancelling Keystone (and originally all that oil would have gone to export outside the US). Look how much that absolutely killed production!!! *I'm fully aware that was Canadian oil*

People are morons and have no real concept of long term inflation. The price of gas right now is historically about where it should be. Adjusted for inflation the long term price of gas has been relatively stable, and actually was slightly decreasing for the last 20 years until 2021/2022.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

You actually have to click the tweet to see the entire graph. 

Screenshot_20230712_140933_Twitter.thumb.jpg.033a139fb6a63482d42dd6c6c2ddbdfe.jpg

You see, he took office in January 2021, when production was much lower than it is today. In the near future, the United States will set domestic records for production.

Now, my voting habits don't really move with this kind of thing. But your party is sort of the "drill baby drill" crowd so I trust, being the reasonable voters that they are, will properly reward Biden with this policy victory by giving him their vote in 2024.

Well……one would hope 2023 production would surpass 2019 production.  Kinda obvious on that point.  Unfortunately we are only at or barely above 2019 levels with upwards of 15 million more people in the country than at that time. 

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well……one would hope 2023 production would surpass 2019 production.  Kinda obvious on that point.  Unfortunately we are only at or barely above 2019 levels with upwards of 15 million more people in the country than at that time. 

U.S. oil consumption dropped 5.2% during that time, and fossil fuel consumption has been on a decline that long predates COVID owing to both greater energy efficiency and non-petroleum options. 

13 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

U.S. oil consumption dropped 5.2% during that time, and fossil fuel consumption has been on a decline that long predates COVID owing to both greater energy efficiency and non-petroleum options. 

2020 and 2021 consumption was greater than 2019 consumption according to statista 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/282716/oil-consumption-in-the-us-per-day/

• Plus1 1

The only answer the WH staff when asked about  Biden's Mental Health, Hunter's Drug Addiction and Dad, Son, Brother (hell, whole darn family including children and grandchildren) is "We/I can can't answer that question during an ongoing investigation". We slammed Trump for the never ending investigations and now we have the same issue with Biden. Can we please just get over both and move on? Please with sprinkles on top ;)

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

We were talking about OIL consumption and then you just linked to gasoline consumption articles.    

Gas consumption should affect oil consumption one would think, but it seems oil demand must be up elsewhere according to what the consumption data shows 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

I think the oil production is nuanced.  We know we need it and want it and have it a ton of it but because we don't want to use ours and we are looking for other sources of energy is makes things pretty nuanced.  

There is a lot of nuance to it over the past three years.  Drilling took off during the Obama administration.  It became a priority to produce more oil to keep prices low.  That continued during the beginning of the Trump administration, then started tapering off when OPEC had increased production to lower price and make fracking less profitable.  Then....COVID hit and everything was shut down.

Biden took over in 2021 and drilling continued to increase through 2022 till it was at the level it was prior to the pandemic.  Once production started catching up to pre COVID levels, drilling started tapering off again.  But, as long as drilling stays at the level it is, we will continue to increase production.  

Production lags drilling.  And, once you stop drilling like the industry did in 2020, it takes a long time to get it ramped back up.  During that time, demand took off and then supply lagged demand and gas prices shot up.  Now, with the drilling that picked up, production has caught up and prices came back down.

But....of course....it's all Joe's fault that gas prices were so high.  :facepalm:

4 hours ago, Loebarth said:

The only answer the WH staff when asked about  Biden's Mental Health, Hunter's Drug Addiction and Dad, Son, Brother (hell, whole darn family including children and grandchildren) is "We/I can can't answer that question during an ongoing investigation". We slammed Trump for the never ending investigations and now we have the same issue with Biden. Can we please just get over both and move on? Please with sprinkles on top ;)

Are the Trump issues and the Biden issues really the same? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2

45 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

We were talking about OIL consumption and then you just linked to gasoline consumption articles.    

Gas consumption should affect oil consumption one would think, but it seems oil demand must be up elsewhere according to what the consumption data shows 

Huh, my original post had it for oil consumption.

Still, the fact remains that in 2022, U.S. oil consumption was 5.25% lower than in 2019 even as the economy had grown by 5% in the interim (inflation adjusted). The aggregate number is interesting and suggestive of a trend towards lower consumption and emissions, but as always the devil is in the details.May 11, 2023