Practices This Week

26 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

How has covid changed our team? Have we had anyone sit out because of it? If you want excuses you will find them. 

Like Frost said if you want reasons to not play you can find them. Sure there have been challenges to this season that are different than normal. But everyone is experiencing the same things. So excuses excuses. 

Seriously?  Start with strength of schedule- #1 in the country currently https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other  This was created by the Covid situation and the B1G love for Nebraska.

Consider the talented guys who left the team to go back to Florida pre-season.  Henry Gray and Jaiden Francois were both 4 star guys that wanted to be closer to family during the pandemic.

We had a game cancelled already.  With our inexperience, the fewer the reps you get the longer it takes to work out the silly mistakes- like the ones that cost us the game Saturday.

We have also had several players miss practice time and game time due to getting Covid.  Nebraska isn't broadcasting it to the world who has it because they have no obligation to do so.  

I get it.  I'm ticked we are losing too- especially to the likes of flippin NW.  However, I'm willing to have a bit of patience due to the facts surrounding the situation this year.  I'll be a lot less forgiving if we are still looking shaky by the Iowa game.    

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Seriously?  Start with strength of schedule- #1 in the country currently https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other  This was created by the Covid situation and the B1G love for Nebraska.

Consider the talented guys who left the team to go back to Florida pre-season.  Henry Gray and Jaiden Francois were both 4 star guys that wanted to be closer to family during the pandemic.

We had a game cancelled already.  With our inexperience, the fewer the reps you get the longer it takes to work out the silly mistakes- like the ones that cost us the game Saturday.

We have also had several players miss practice time and game time due to getting Covid.  Nebraska isn't broadcasting it to the world who has it because they have no obligation to do so.  

I get it.  I'm ticked we are losing too- especially to the likes of flippin NW.  However, I'm willing to have a bit of patience due to the facts surrounding the situation this year.  I'll be a lot less forgiving if we are still looking shaky by the Iowa game.    

Does no other team have to deal with COVID or just Nebraska? If everyone has to deal with COVID then it's not worth talking about. Is COVID harder for us to deal with than Northwestern? 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Does no other team have to deal with COVID or just Nebraska? If everyone has to deal with COVID then it's not worth talking about. Is COVID harder for us to deal with than Northwestern? 

Everyone has to deal with covid, but not all conferences dealt with it equally 

Covid cost us a valuable game.  It has not, as of yet, cost Northwestern one 

So yes 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Actually yes.  Covid placed us against Ohio State the first game and placed Northwestern against a very rusty Maryland team that played like crap the first game.  I don't think anyone would disagree that our road is exponentially harder.    

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Possibly.

But it was a missed opportunity for the personnel evaluations we are seeing this week.

If those personnel evaluations this week lead to anything that resembles a better product on the field this Saturday against a bad penn state team. I will give you that one. 

Or are we going to argue next week that this is a really good 0-3 penn state team that just now found themselves.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Yeah, still dont like how slow our DL is and how we need to blitz to create any type of pressure....but for the most part the D looks aggressive, our LB's are looking more and more the part and they seem to have atleast some type of positive body language/action.

This is not accurate.

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

You are right. Because of COVID we are 0-2 instead of 0-3

Getting sick of the whining about not winning, not enjoying games any more, blah blah blah 

I enjoy preparing to watch the games, watching the games, and even the post game disappointment. Maybe my life sucks because losing is pleasurable , but I appreciate each game like it might be the last. 

• Plus1 7
11 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Getting sick of the whining about not winning, not enjoying games any more, blah blah blah 

I enjoy preparing to watch the games, watching the games, and even the post game disappointment. Maybe my life sucks because losing is pleasurable , but I appreciate each game like it might be the last. 

I hate watching us lose. But I sure as hell hate missing a Husker game more.  I'm in it to win it.  

• Plus1 2

40 minutes ago, ZMagers22 said:

Anyone else hearing/reading Omar Manning missing practice this week & won’t play in the game?

https://mobile.twitter.com/gbrnebfootball/status/1326741877383712775?s=10

Word is he cleared out his locker but haven't heard anything from anyone I consider reliable yet.  Plenty of rumors floating though.  It's too bad but at least we weren't seriously invested in him at this point.  

• Plus1 1