Practices This Week

3 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Apologies if posted elsewhere...just wanna know who QB is going into PSU?..assuming it is AM, but would hope very short leash

I don't think they even released a depth chart last week, did they? Which would mean that they haven't released an official one yet this year.

9 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

This is coming from someone who has coached. So many times as a coach you can tell when your team is ready to take the leap. You just need that one good thing to happen. It could be in a season or in a game. 

I think if they have some breaks go their way and best PSU then they will go on a run. 

Sometimes you can really just see the positive/negative "vibe" .  When things are going good, everything seems to work in your favor.  When they are going bad it seems like you get no breaks.

• Fire 1
7 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

The Wisconsin game already got cancelled. 

Haha!  

It really is just little things sometimes, that pass on 4th and 5 vs OSU that the NU player tipped but of course it still went right to the OSU player for a first down.  

The pass off the lineman heads at the goal line and is picked off by NW.

Shoot, even that pick that was returned to the 3 instead of being a pick 6.  

12 hours ago, runningblind said:

Most of us can see that and it's reason for confidence but it NEVER seems to happen.  Ready to turn a corner! That corner hasn't been turned this millennium.

I think what scares me more is it seemed like we turned the corner in 18. Then 19 was a mess, this year is a mess. If we look good the rest of this year I still won’t believe it until I see it carry over to next year. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Haha!  

It really is just little things sometimes, that pass on 4th and 5 vs OSU that the NU player tipped but of course it still went right to the OSU player for a first down.  

Fields knee being down on the 4th down play, but they let it go and never review it.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

As people have pointed out, we've had some tough breaks. But we also suck at capitalizing on the breaks we get - got a free 15 yards on a "horse collar tackle" that was actually the armpit. Didn't score on that drive. Get a first and goal at the 2 on a pass interference call - didn't score. Farmer's first INT was a nice play by Deontai, but it was a break that it popped up so high that Famer could get under. Think we missed a FG on that drive. 

We're due some more breaks for sure, but we can't squander the ones we do get like we have been. 

• Plus1 4
5 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

where the hell is the killer instinct?  i see way too many guys standing around, waiting for someone else to make a play.

swarm to the ball, gang tackling?

On offense maybe, but there's plenty of gang tackling and running to the ball on defense right now. We just need to tackle more consistently, it's like they forget how on random drives. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

where the hell is the killer instinct?  i see way too many guys standing around, waiting for someone else to make a play.

swarm to the ball, gang tackling?

Not sure what games you have been watching?  We are flying to the ball and gang tackling much better than the previous few years.

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Haha!  

We trip a lot. 

36 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Not sure what games you have been watching?  We are flying to the ball and gang tackling much better than the previous few years.

Yeah, still dont like how slow our DL is and how we need to blitz to create any type of pressure....but for the most part the D looks aggressive, our LB's are looking more and more the part and they seem to have atleast some type of positive body language/action.

The O on the other hand is just flat out not fun too watch..lethargic, no rhyme or reason to anything...almost like we are actively trying not to move the chains and score, obvious sarcasm there, but honestly that is what it looks like given our playcalling 

4 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think what scares me more is it seemed like we turned the corner in 18. Then 19 was a mess, this year is a mess. If we look good the rest of this year I still won’t believe it until I see it carry over to next year. 

Before you label our year consider that Liberty is 6-0. Two sunbelt teams are perfect, one only has one loss and is ranked. 

I want to win, but I wouldn’t  lump this year in with the previous for comparison sake. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

Before you label our year consider that Liberty is 6-0. Two sunbelt teams are perfect, one only has one loss and is ranked. 

I want to win, but I wouldn’t  lump this year in with the previous for comparison sake. 

How has covid changed our team? Have we had anyone sit out because of it? If you want excuses you will find them. 

Like Frost said if you want reasons to not play you can find them. Sure there have been challenges to this season that are different than normal. But everyone is experiencing the same things. So excuses excuses. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1