Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

2 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Impeachment and conviction, plus a vote to bar him from holding office again  provides McConnell the perfect “out” for supporting Trump going forward.  Now the party can put Trump in the rear view mirror and focus on more viable  candidates for 2024. It’s not like he just got a conscience or anything, but it would be a good move by McConnell especially with the Capitol wounds still fresh.  I still think there will be too much intra-party division in 2024 for the R’s to win the White House back though.  Time will tell. 

We've watched spineless Rs bend over to the Ds many times before.  The last time the Left convinced the world that George Bush 2 was the worst President in history it got us Obamacare and Libya.  10 years later neither has really been cleaned up.  We need to be monitoring who cannot be trusted to stand the heat.  And that is without discussing how Trump could snap his fingers and derail the R primary in 2024 with a 3rd party campaign. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

We've watched spineless Rs bend over to the Ds many times before.  The last time the Left convinced the world that George Bush 2 was the worst President in history it got us Obamacare and Libya.  10 years later neither has really been cleaned up.  We need to be monitoring who cannot be trusted to stand the heat.  And that is without discussing how Trump could snap his fingers and derail the R primary in 2024 with a 3rd party campaign. 

After four years of this corruption and ineptitude that's the best your meetings came up with?  Obamacare and Libya?  Lol...

• Plus1 3
7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

i am sure this will buy me a time out...but.....shut up.  no one wants to hear from you and the treason cult anymore.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2

So, I wonder how long before Trump Inc files for Chapter 11.:dunno  Such a smart businessman who carefully weights every word and action on how it would affect his business interest and the interests of his family  :sarcasm

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Banks-partners-flee-Trump-brand-in-backlash-to-15865907.php

Now, through his encouragement of rioters who ransacked the U.S. Capitol, Trump has made his company a pariah and driven away allies who could have brought it revenue and post-politics credibility.

"Most financial institutions and investors avoided doing business with him before he ran for president, and the situation now has only gotten worse," said Kathryn Wylde, the leader of the Partnership for New York City, an influential group that includes the leaders of banks and Fortune 500 companies.

Wylde secured support for an open letter against Trump's efforts to overturn the election from almost 200 major companies- including most of the major banks and real estate firms in New York - within 36 hours, a sign of how angry many are with his actions. That was before Wednesday's riot

"If he remains a visible player, no one will want to be associated with him in any kind of public way, because he is going to symbolize the destabilization of the American political system," Wylde said.

IMO, Trump has 100% shot any opportunity of a presidential run in 2024 straight in the foot, impeachment aside.

He has a strong supporter base, but elections are not won based on how well you convince the plebs in your party to vote for you. Elections are won by how well you can convince the swing voters to vote for you. Most of the Trump supporters I've known over the last few years are 100% out on him after the events of the last couple of months, and he has even fractured the 'Proud Boy' elements of his supporter base after conceding to a peaceful transition of power.

We need more GOP supporters speak out like Ken Langone.  Time to support Biden and bring this country together after the trump disaster. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/13/i-feel-betrayed-ken-langone-blasts-trump-capitol-rioters-vows-biden-support.html

Republican businessman Ken Langone on Wednesday blasted last week’s Capitol Hill riot, indicating on CNBC he felt “betrayed” by President Donald Trump’s actions that led up to the deadly events.

“I think the biggest mistake anybody is going to make is try and rationalize what happened last week, what the president did and what that crowd did,” Langone said on “Squawk Box.” “There should be no mitigation at all. It was horrible. It was wrong. I’m shocked.”

Trump’s supporters overtook the U.S. Capitol exactly one week ago in an effort to stop Congress from finalizing President-elect Joe Biden’s win in the Electoral College. Trump’s incendiary rhetoric and repeated lies about widespread fraud in the November election helped rile up his supporters and, at a speech in Washington, the president encouraged supporters who gathered in the city to march to the Capitol.

“I feel betrayed,” said Langone, who has been highly supportive of Trump’s economic policies over the years while also at times criticizing the president, such as for his response to the deadly white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017.

“Last Wednesday was a disgrace,” added Langone, the billionaire co-founder of Home Depot who has donated over the years to Republicans. “It should never have happened in this country. If it doesn’t break every American’s heart, something is wrong. It breaks my heart, for sure. I didn’t sign up for that.”

Langone, who serves as chairman of the board of NYU Langone Medical Center, urged Americans to rally behind Biden and ditch partisanship. “If there’s a time in history where all Americans need to be a patriot, this is that time,” he said.

“I’m going to do everything I can from Day One to make sure I do my part to make Joe Biden the most successful president in the history of this country,” Langone said. “There’s a selfish reason for that, we’ve got very serious major issues in American to deal with,” such as the coronavirus pandemic and public education.

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

Let's not forget that R's were hell bent on impeaching Clinton for a BJ...

but they can't be bothered to impeach Donald Trump over inciting an insurrection and coup attempt.  Pretty crrazzy if you think about it.

Let’s not forget Clinton was impeached for Perjury to a grand jury and obstruction of justice, and not what you posted. 

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Let’s not forget Clinton was impeached for Perjury to a grand jury and obstruction of justice, and not what you posted. 

let's not forget he lied about getting a BJ. 

and....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....your boy is the king of obstruction of justice.   

• Plus1 4

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

For lying about a BJ pre #metoo (which doesn't make it right), but the Rs didn't want to pursue censure. All while Gingrich as the speaker of the house was cheating on his own wife.

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, ZRod said:

For lying about a BJ pre #metoo (which doesn't make it right), but the Rs didn't want to pursue censure. All while Gingrich as the speaker of the house was cheating on his own wife.

Everything you said is correct (though I admit I don’t know the timing of Gingrich affair and he did not lie about  it to a Grand Jury) Everything I said was also correct.  The poster I replied to was not correct. 

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Everything you said is correct (though I admit I don’t know the timing of Gingrich affair and he did not lie about  it to a Grand Jury) Everything I said was also correct.  The poster I replied to was not correct. 

Surely the irony of the former speaker's actions, and the subsequent bemoaning of this latest version of the GOP isn't lost on you.