*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

Mavric

I still believe Frost will get this thing figured out, but one question I have.   Can someone please tell me how on God's Green Earth does "no fear of failure" not correlate with our seemingly endless habit of making critical mistakes.  Every Damn game!

57, 51, 71. Sit their butts until they prove they can play with more discipline.  They are losing us games.  I don't care if a walk-on from tim-buck-too starts in their place.  This garbage O-line play isn't tolerated by other teams, nor should it be by NU.

• Fire 1

31 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why the f#&% is this a problem with Nebraska in two different coaching staffs?

Bush league.  Not unexpected from an Iowa coach.  I hope someone from NU calls out that crap even if it didn't affect the outcome.  There has to be a way to report displays of poor sportsmanship like this.  Not that the B1G will do anything about it, though.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Bush league.  Not unexpected from an Iowa coach.  I hope someone from NU calls out that crap even if it didn't affect the outcome.  There has to be a way to report displays of poor sportsmanship like this.  Not that the B1G will do anything about it, though.  

I bet they'll do something about it. The refs are all between 70-100 years old and may have had their hearing aids turned down, but they're from the old school and don't like that kind of sideline malarkey interfering with the game. 

Doesn't it seem ironic though that the fanbase that brags about screaming their head off to drown out the signals from the opposing quarterback in Memorial Stadium is all bunched up about a few claps from 50 yards away?

3 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Seriously???

lots of other teams use a clap but Nebraska is the only one that I know of that the center has fallen for this crap....twice.....two different centers....two different coaches.  

why?

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Seriously???

lots of other teams use a clap but Nebraska is the only one that I know of that the center has fallen for this crap....twice.....two different centers....two different coaches.  

why?

It's my opinion that opposing players and/or coaches shouldn't be doing this.  It's a pathetic way to try to gain an advantage.  Like stealing signs.  Good enough for ya?

12 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

The one snap that hit AM in the ankles when he wasn't expecting, sure.  But the three others from yesterday that looked like Rick Vaughn pitching before the glasses in Major League, not a valid excuse

The clap would explain the timing of the snap, making him snap it too early. It in no way explains hitting the QB in the ankles or throwing it over his head. That is all on Jurgens, you're exactly right.

22 minutes ago, runningblind said:

The clap would explain the timing of the snap, making him snap it too early. It in no way explains hitting the QB in the ankles or throwing it over his head. That is all on Jurgens, you're exactly right.

I was looking over the stars this morning.  When your center is listed with 2 fumbles.....that’s bad.  

• Plus1 1
50 minutes ago, runningblind said:

So every team has been clapping to cause bad timing of the snaps????  The one that he snapped yesterday when AM was not calling for it, seems to be the only time a QB wasn't ready/calling for the snap.  However, the crap snaps we've seen the last two years would be a better example of the offensive timing being jacked up.  

Again this is a weak excuse for a mentally weak team, staff and fanbase.  

This isn't directed just at you runningblind, so please don't take it as me calling you out or anything.  Sorry if it appears so

7 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

So every team has been clapping to cause bad timing of the snaps????  The one that he snapped yesterday when AM was not calling for it, seems to be the only time a QB wasn't ready/calling for the snap.  However, the crap snaps we've seen the last two years would be a better example of the offensive timing being jacked up.  

Again this is a weak excuse for a mentally weak team, staff and fanbase.  

This isn't directed just at you runningblind, so please don't take it as me calling you out or anything.  Sorry if it appears so

I thought we were only talking about the one snap on the video, not all of em.  I agree about the crap snaps.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I thought we were only talking about the one snap on the video, not all of em.  I agree about the crap snaps.

Again probably shouldn't have posted it as quoting you, but was in a rush.  My bad to you.  We cool,

Just tired of the crutch some fans/posters would lean on to make excuses for crap play, or might use to strengthen their post agenda by cherry picking examples while ignoring past performances.