Iowa Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yep.  It actually got called in another game this afternoon.  

2 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Iowa got a sideline interference warning was that related to the clapping or we're they on the field?

Believe Mav is referring to UCF/USF War on I4 game. Chuckled when I saw it called myself. 

• Thanks 1

Frost’s pressers are starting to piss me off. He refuses to acknowledge the fact that HIS team is horribly coached. He should stop blaming refs and opposing teams for his failures. He and his staff have been outcoached in every game. 
Here are some facts:

(1) after three years of coaching, our center still can’t snap the ball

(2) we have no special teams

(3) we continue to commit untimely penalties and fouls at the worst times

(4) we have zero depth in many positions

(5) smart players are transferring out because they see this sinking ship

all this and much more has happened on his watch. So, man up, stop selling us stupid excuses and BS, and stop talking about this team as if they are one or two plays from turning things around. Everyone in the universe can see how many issues we have and Frost and his coaches seem to be living in a dream world where they get paid high salaries to do absolutely nothing. With every presser, I lose more and more respect for Frost. I had high hopes for him but now I see that he is delusional and completely lost.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Frost’s pressers are starting to piss me off. He refuses to acknowledge the fact that HIS team is horribly coached. He should stop blaming refs and opposing teams for his failures. He and his staff have been outcoached in every game. 
Here are some facts:

(1) after three years of coaching, our center still can’t snap the ball

(2) we have no special teams

(3) we continue to commit untimely penalties and fouls at the worst times

(4) we have zero depth in many positions

(5) smart players are transferring out because they see this sinking ship

all this and much more has happened on his watch. So, man up, stop selling us stupid excuses and BS, and stop talking about this team as if they are one or two plays from turning things around. Everyone in the universe can see how many issues we have and Frost and his coaches seem to be living in a dream world where they get paid high salaries to do absolutely nothing. With every presser, I lose more and more respect for Frost. I had high hopes for him but now I see that he is delusional and completely lost.

Dude just stop watching the pressers. It's 95% coach speak and then a little bit of reality. He's never gonna say what you want to hear whether he believes it or not so just don't watch them. 

• Plus1 3
13 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Frost’s pressers are starting to piss me off. He refuses to acknowledge the fact that HIS team is horribly coached.

Yep.  When you ignore what he actually has said he apparently doesn't say those things.

Frost said replacing Cam Jurgens with Matt Farniok was due to Jurgens re-aggravating a foot injury. He said Jurgens wasn’t full speed, and that might have contributed to the bad snaps that “we have to get fixed as a coaching staff.”

Frost was asked about coaching. He said Nebraska got beat in that phase and every phase against Illinois. "We got beat in every phase. Players and coaches alike."

• Plus1 3
17 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yep.  When you ignore what he actually has said he apparently doesn't say those things.

Look, I know you want to defend Frost. Heck, I want him to succeed as much as any other fan. I do not want a new coach because this continuous roller coaster of coaching hires is not working. However, coming up with excuses for mistakes is not going to fix things. Having no depth in center after three years of recruiting is not an excuse. He has known about the snap issues for a while now. If there is no accountability there will be no improvement. The team can use some constructive criticism because we continue to see the same exact undisciplined play week in week out. Take the unspecial teams play. He said that they worked on it all week. Do you think that the special teams played well? Why? You bring the Illinois game presser. We are talking about yesterday’s presser where he said that he is proud of this team. These kind of statements tend to give the team the wrong impression that the problem is the fans and not their performance. We will see if anything changes over the next weeks...I doubt it.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, huskerfan74 said:

Look, I know you want to defend Frost. Heck, I want him to succeed as much as any other fan. I do not want a new coach because this continuous roller coaster of coaching hires is not working. However, coming up with excuses for mistakes is not going to fix things. Having no depth in center after three years of recruiting is not an excuse. He has known about the snap issues for a while now. If there is no accountability there will be no improvement. The team can use some constructive criticism because we continue to see the same exact undisciplined play week in week out. Take the unspecial teams play. He said that they worked on it all week. Do you think that the special teams played well? Why? You bring the Illinois game presser. We are talking about yesterday’s presser where he said that he is proud of this team. These kind of statements tend to give the team the wrong impression that the problem is the fans and not their performance. We will see if anything changes over the next weeks...I doubt it.

So you complain about him "refusing" to acknowledge coaching deficiencies and when shown that you're blatantly wrong you just move on to the next complaining as if the first never happened.

I mean  rage...rage...rage...rabble...rabble...rabble....

Am I doing that better?

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So you complain about him "refusing" to acknowledge coaching deficiencies and when shown that you're blatantly wrong you just move on to the next complaining as if the first never happened.

I mean  rage...rage...rage...rabble...rabble...rabble....

Am I doing that better?

Are you saying we are a well coached team? 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

There series starting at 15:13 is the pinnacle of clapgate.

First play - can't see the sideline, but snapped without Martinez calling for it. Bad snap anyway.

Second play - Iowa staffer runs down to be near the LOS, but we call a timeout without snapping it.

Actual second down play, staffer is clearly clapping the "ok hurry up and snap it" cadence, and thenthrows in the single clap cadence as it's snapped. 3 yards from the ref. 

Pretty sure you can hear claps prior to the next plays as well, but it's difficult to tell because they have the parabolic mics on the field so the sideline noise isn't picked up well. Ball is on the far hash so can't see the sideline.

https://dai.ly/x7xrn13

Again I don't like whining about it, that should probably just go to the league. But the Big Ten clearly have no interest in revisiting things from past games (for any team), so if we want it out there so be it. It is absurdly obvious he's trying to affect the snap, the defense doesn't react at all so it's not a defensive signal. 

• Plus1 1

There should be post game reviews of stuff like that and if either a coach or player is deemed to have committed such a foul, they should be suspended for a half game for first offense, and full game for any subsequent offenses.  You would hope with the threat of public shaming (which does not exist know from league officials) that the behaviour will stop.  It's bush league and is a horrible precedent for coaches and players to set as role models for younger kids.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Canadian Fan said:

There should be post game reviews of stuff like that and if either a coach or player is deemed to have committed such a foul, they should be suspended for a half game for first offense, and full game for any subsequent offenses.  You would hope with the threat of public shaming (which does not exist know from league officials) that the behaviour will stop.  It's bush league and is a horrible precedent for coaches and players to set as role models for younger kids.

Agreed! And I get a kick out of the Canadian spelling of "behavior."  :lol: