What is the future of the Republican Party?

17 hours ago, knapplc said:

I don't think that takes much stretch of the imagination. Even if the trump impeachments had not happened, Democrats wouldn't convict Biden if he was caught doing something to violate his oath.

In other words our system is broken. We can’t govern ourselves if politics is placed above accountability and conscience 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Why do Republicans hate morality, law and order, the Constitution, and democracy?

I was thinking you could put "politicians" where it says "Republicans", and I would then agree with you. Hyperbole is often not a great look.  And, most rank and file Rs don't "hate" any of those things. 

You are correct that Republicans are in the crosshairs right now. But Democrats have certainly turned a blind eye to morals, law and order, and the Constitution recently, as in the past year. 

I also think, no matter what, both parties are still far from "hating" democracy. 

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I was thinking you could put "politicians" where it says "Republicans", and I would then agree with you. Hyperbole is often not a great look.  And, most rank and file Rs don't "hate" any of those things. 

You are correct that Republicans are in the crosshairs right now. But Democrats have certainly turned a blind eye to morals, law and order, and the Constitution recently, as in the past year. 

I also think, no matter what, both parties are still far from "hating" democracy. 

Checks thread...yep, I'm in the right thread.  

Anyone supporting Trump and his actions over the past four years is supporting a demagogue and wannabe tyrant over democracy and free and fair elections.  That's not hyperbole, that's fact. 

Further more the Republican Party has shown zero indication that it wants to reform itself.  In fact, it is doubling down on Trumpism and Marjorie Taylor Greenism as shown by the support of one who would destroy our democracy by overturning an undisputed election in a violent fashion.  Call it what you will but that is distain for democracy in favor of raw power.

Simply because the rank and file can't see this doesn't give them a pass.  Ignorance is no defense.    

Now if you want to discuss the Democrats assault on democracy, it probably should be done in another thread.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Anyone supporting Trump and his actions over the past four years is supporting a demagogue and wannabe tyrant over democracy and free and fair elections.  That's not hyperbole, that's fact. 

Further more the Republican Party has shown zero indication that it wants to reform itself.  In fact, it is doubling down on Trumpism and Marjorie Taylor Greenism as shown by the support of one who would destroy our democracy by overturning an undisputed election in a violent fashion.  Call it what you will but that is distain for democracy in favor of raw power.

Simply because the rank and file can't see this doesn't give them a pass.  Ignorance is no defense.    

Now if you want to discuss the Democrats assault on democracy, it probably should be done in another thread.  

I see no reason why @DevoHuskerresponse was inappropriate for this thread. It was well reasoned and responded to another poster. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Just pointing out that sanctimonious Ds often use hyperbole to extrapolate like minded "atta boys" from other Ds...often forgetting that their party also leaves a lot to be desired in those areas. 

I was responding with my thoughts on your link and comments. If it needs to be moved, so be it. 

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Just pointing out that sanctimonious Ds often use hyperbole to extrapolate like minded "atta boys" from other Ds...often forgetting that their party also leaves a lot to be desired in those areas. 

I was responding with my thoughts on your link and comments. If it needs to be moved, so be it. 

No it doesn't need to be moved.  It's a legitimate topic that'll most likely get buried here.  

• Plus1 1