What is the future of the Republican Party?

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Some of these candidates I tell you.  Wow.  

I know first hand how they pick these people. I personally know someone who was asked to run as a GOP candidate. He's actually a good/successful businessman, smart guy, and he checks a lot of a GOP boxes. A group of people told him that they want him to run and they would take care of everything. All he had to do was show up at CPAC, and they take care of the rest.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I know first hand how they pick these people. I personally know someone who was asked to run as a GOP candidate. He's actually a good/successful businessman, smart guy, and he checks a lot of a GOP boxes. A group of people told him that they want him to run and they would take care of everything. All he had to do was show up at CPAC, and they take care of the rest.

Wow.  Interesting that he was 'asked' to run and that they would then 'take care of the rest'.  

9 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Wow.  Interesting that he was 'asked' to run and that they would then 'take care of the rest'.  

I'm not surprised.  Heck, I was asked to run in a local county office and it was sort of the same way.  They called me and said all I need to do is run and they would help get me elected.  At the national level, once the candidate is asked and he/she accepts, the party election machine takes over.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, ZRod said:

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not surprised.  Heck, I was asked to run in a local county office and it was sort of the same way.  They called me and said all I need to do is run and they would help get me elected.  At the national level, once the candidate is asked and he/she accepts, the party election machine takes over.

Well not to brag but I was nominated and elected 4 times to the Huskerboard starting lineup.-_-  I’m sure I could’ve easily parlayed that into a state level or national office of importance and that HBers would’ve taken care of all the details.

• Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 2
1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

This same system exists to make celebrities as well. It's how Candace Owens and Dave Rubin suddenly became conservative thought leaders - people who have made an industry out of this thing approached them and promised money and success and support and infrastructure if they all the sudden start playing a character.

• Plus1 1