What is the future of the Republican Party?

24 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm hanging onto the hope that there's too much water under that bridge to go back. Several (but far from most) Republicans in Congress voiced their intent to protect Gay Marriage yesterday. 

Once we started having a public dialogue about homosexuality in this country, people were free to acknowledge they all had a good friend, a family member, a spouse, or they themselves were gay, and it required too much work and misplaced anger to maintain the stigma.  My kids don't understand why this was ever a problem, and I have to explain that the changes in the last 20 years were actually pretty rapid.

Still, it's hard to bet against an activist minority f#&%ing things up for everybody these days. 

My neighbors across the street are gay.  Married, fly the pride flag every June.  I think it's great.  f#&% all the bigots.

The thing is they're way better neighbors than me. Our yard looks like the Gobi Desert while their's is spectacular.  They never bother anyone and when my shoulders were blown out each of the past two winters they were the ones who offered to shovel the walks.

I know Ted Cruz came out yesterday saying the SC Oberbergfel (gay marriage) decision was a mistake.

Is there ever a forum where someone gets to ask these guys why? Why are they taking someone else's rights away, and why is it any of their business? Who does it hurt? How exactly does it make America a better place?

It's easy to craft a prepared statement, but I want to see them answer these questions directly, live and on-camera, with follow-up questions when the obfuscate.

Bare minimum for public servants. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

If you are now able to put through all your abortion bans and very strict limitations, why do you need to defund planned parenthood?  This is a totally BS reason to not support this bill.  These people would hate Planned Parenthood even if they were completely banned from performing abortions and all they were doing is helping women with reproduction health and birth control.

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If you are now able to put through all your abortion bans and very strict limitations, why do you need to defund planned parenthood?  This is a totally BS reason to not support this bill.  These people would hate Planned Parenthood even if they were completely banned from performing abortions and all they were doing is helping women with reproduction health and birth control.

I read other info as to FDA approval in the R version, and no such safeguards in the D proposal