What is the future of the Republican Party?

26 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I also have the tendency to stereotype America's teachers as hardworking heroes deserving far more money and respect.

I'll work on that. 

You should!  None of that is true!

Honestly, I am just glad that you (like myself) are good with sterotypes!  

16 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yeah I thought it was parody at first.  It's real.

Frankly, I can't believe that a President who's opening foray into politics by claiming Obama was born in Kenya and that his people were "investigating" Hawaii in search of his birth certificate would dupe supporters like me with a grift like this. 

You might want to judge me for twice voting for a President who's organization has committed several felonies, who's now shilling NFTs and Q memes on an alt-right social network because the mainstream ones wouldn't let him spread lies undermining Democracy, but listen...

I've learned my lesson. I support Ron DeSantis. This Patriot isn't some hack who had to import immigrants to send them off to Martha's Vineyard and who had to fake arrests of citizens for voter fraud in a bizzare display of political theater. He truly has policies that will help people (that he can't release the details of because the evil Dems might steal them). The last time I voted for a moron, but this time, it's completely and totally obvious that this is different! 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 4

George W. Bush was a two term Republican president who left office just 13 years ago, but there are remarkably few Bush defenders out there, and many Republicans sought to distance themselves from him almost immediately after he lost to Obama. If anything, G.W. has earned a pass from Democrats for being less awful than Trump. 

There's something really relevant about that in the What Is The Future of the Republican Party thread, but I haven't figured it out yet. 

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

George W. Bush was a two term Republican president who left office just 13 years ago, but there are remarkably few Bush defenders out there, and many Republicans sought to distance themselves from him almost immediately after he lost to Obama. If anything, G.W. has earned a pass from Democrats for being less awful than Trump. 

There's something really relevant about that in the What Is The Future of the Republican Party thread, but I haven't figured it out yet. 

Well, if you weren't ingesting the lies of the woke left mob you'd know that Trump beat Biden.

It doesn't make sense to distance yourself from a winner!

• Oh Yeah! 1
9 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Frankly, I can't believe that a President who's opening foray into politics by claiming Obama was born in Kenya and that his people were "investigating" Hawaii in search of his birth certificate would dupe supporters like me with a grift like this. 

You might want to judge me for twice voting for a President who's organization has committed several felonies, who's now shilling NFTs and Q memes on an alt-right social network because the mainstream ones wouldn't let him spread lies undermining Democracy, but listen...

I've learned my lesson. I support Ron DeSantis. This Patriot isn't some hack who had to import immigrants to send them off to Martha's Vineyard and who had to fake arrests of citizens for voter fraud in a bizzare display of political theater. He truly has policies that will help people (that he can't release the details of because the evil Dems might steal them). The last time I voted for a moron, but this time, it's completely and totally obvious that this is different! 

I'm voting for Desantis because he's going to hold all those scientists who spent their entire lives studying and working in fields none of us had the intelligence or patience to persevere in accountable for fidelity to the principals of science, not Christianity.

Those wispy bearded, woke scientists rose to the top of their fields not because they wanted to help society but rather to scam the populace with a virus when it would have been so much easier and lucrative to be an insurance salesman. 

I mean our institutions should be in great shape when we send the message to those embarking on their chosen field of study that abiding by the principals of scientific rigor will be sniffed out for the woke scam it is and by God we'll make sure they face frivolous, political investigations.  

I just hope Rand Paul is his running mate.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I'm voting for Desantis because he's going to hold all those scientists who spent their entire lives studying and working in fields none of us had the intelligence or patience to persevere in accountable for fidelity to the principals of science, not Christianity.

Those wispy bearded, woke scientists rose to the top of their fields not because they wanted to help society but rather to scam the populace with a virus when it would have been so much easier and lucrative to be an insurance salesman. 

I mean our institutions should be in great shape when we send the message to those embarking on their chosen field of study that abiding by the principals of scientific rigor will be sniffed out for the woke scam it is and by God we'll make sure they face frivolous, political investigations.  

I just hope Rand Paul is his running mate.

This guy gets it!

• Oh Yeah! 2