What is the future of the Republican Party?

23 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:
Fkbfu7VXkAge7zT?format=jpg&name=large

This needs to be voted against because the wrong people are making "bank" from this.

This bill needs to be for people that need 15 an hour...not for HS students that have well off parents and are just enjoying making crazy cash while sitting at a counter. 

So...if you have a great family and you guys make good money...and you are 15-18 years old...you don't need 15 an hour.  Over 19...you should have a minimum of 16.50 an hour...no questions asked.

People can be crazy and pretend like it is not an issue but have you seen prices at places where this is really in play?

There is a putt-putt place by my house (medieval putt putt, it is awesome) that is BEGGING for people to WORK THE Counter!  You sit there, working the counter, for 15 an hour. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

This needs to be voted against because the wrong people are making "bank" from this.

This bill needs to be for people that need 15 an hour...not for HS students that have well off parents and are just enjoying making crazy cash while sitting at a counter. 

So...if you have a great family and you guys make good money...and you are 15-18 years old...you don't need 15 an hour.  Over 19...you should have a minimum of 16.50 an hour...no questions asked.

People can be crazy and pretend like it is not an issue but have you seen prices at places where this is really in play?

There is a putt-putt place by my house (medieval putt putt, it is awesome) that is BEGGING for people to WORK THE Counter!  You sit there, working the counter, for 15 an hour. 

Most of your cost of inflation has little to nothing to do with rising wages. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

Just checking in on the leader of the Republican Party and once leader of the free world.  Yep, he's still screeching in all caps, random caps, speaking in the third person, lying, rage farming, and wishing all a Happy Holidays.....oh wait

You'd think, regardless of our individual political bents, that we could agree he's a raging, narcissistic, psychopath and should never, ever be near the presidency again but no.  

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Just checking in on the leader of the Republican Party and once leader of the free world.  Yep, he's still screeching in all caps, random caps, speaking in the third person, lying, rage farming, and wishing all a Happy Holidays.....oh wait

You'd think, regardless of our individual political bents, that we could agree he's a raging, narcissistic, psychopath and should never, ever be near the presidency again but no.  

I know that, in this holiday season, I should be wishing everyone a happy holiday.  But, I can't shake that I hope this is eating at him so bad that he has an absolutely miserable holiday.  Then, I hope he rots in jail some day.

• Plus1 1
On 12/20/2022 at 5:44 PM, teachercd said:

Uhm....when you can't get enough people to take $15 an hour jobs, it's not because the minimum wage is too high. 

What happened in this recent jobs/wages shake-up is that when given the opportunity, middle-class teenagers along with everyone else abandoned the s#!ttier, lower-paying service jobs for slightly better jobs offering more competitive wages. Leaving the lowest paying and totally non-living wages to the people who could least afford it, and the employers who could most exploit it. People earning non-living wages cost society at large in a number of ways; a higher minimum wage is hardly a giveaway.

While it may have tragic consequences for some of our more poorly run miniature golf courses, the upside outweighs it. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Uhm....when you can't get enough people to take $15 an hour jobs, it's not because the minimum wage is too high. 

What happened in this recent jobs/wages shake-up is that when given the opportunity, middle-class teenagers along with everyone else abandoned the s#!ttier, lower-paying service jobs for slightly better jobs offering more competitive wages. Leaving the lowest paying and totally non-living wages to the people who could least afford it, and the employers who could most exploit it. People earning non-living wages cost society at large in a number of ways; a higher minimum wage is hardly a giveaway.

While it may have tragic consequences for some of our more poorly run miniature golf courses, the upside outweighs it. 

You agree with me, so, thanks!

I think the minimum wage should be 15,19,25 an hour...for people that actually live off it.  Not for Stacie and Tracie who live in a 500K home, both drive Wranglers and their parents make a combined 200K a year.

If people are going to use the phrase "living wage" then it better dang well be for people who are living off that wage. 

• Thanks 1