What is the future of the Republican Party?

39 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again, the science and policy surrounding COVID is chock full of nuance and moving targets. 

No one would be stupid enough to claim everything was handled perfectly. But many are stupid enough to throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

Because Americans aren't great at nuance, and the GOP literally doesn't know the meaning of the word, we've entered the Jail Fauci phase of our collective meltdown. 

Would that nuance you speak of include having a valid risk/reward discussion in regards to Covid vaccine mandates/ booster mandates for the American population especially looking at the 12-25 yr old cohort?  

And if that discussion took place, one would think it prudent for “Internet journo’s” ( see Aaron Rupar) to know those are not anti-vax discussions, correct.  Assuming Aaron knows what nuance is of course.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Would that nuance you speak of include having a valid risk/reward discussion in regards to Covid vaccine mandates/ booster mandates for the American population especially looking at the 12-25 yr old cohort?  

And if that discussion took place, one would think it prudent for “Internet journo’s” ( see Aaron Rupar) to know those are not anti-vax discussions, correct.  Assuming Aaron knows what nuance is of course.  

Yeah. Did my post fail to define "nuance" enough for you? These are all interesting and valuable conversations as new information emerges. 

Do either of these arguments negate the lives saved by the vaccine, or warrant the demonization of Tony Fauci for political purposes?

That's the nuance part. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Are we good with stereotyping again?  I sort of thought we were trying to get away from that...gosh.

Is it really up for debate that Americans receive and share news based on the two political silos they're shoved in? 

And that the vast majority avoids the long print pieces that put complex issues into perspective?

Is nuance really where you want to fall on your sword in the battle against stereotypes?

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Did my post fail to define "nuance" enough for you?

You didn’t define it at all:dunno

Do either of these arguments negate the lives saved by the vaccine,

No one is arguing that but you it seems

warrant the demonization of Tony Fauci for political purposes?

The videos didn’t mention Tony and dealt mainly with the CDC, who Tony doesn’t work for.  Tony shouldn’t be demonized, just called out for his missteps.  We all can agree on that 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The videos didn’t mention Tony and dealt mainly with the CDC, who Tony doesn’t work for.  Tony shouldn’t be demonized, just called out for his missteps.  We all can agree on that 

Thank God the Republicans are simply calling Tony out for his missteps rather than using him to foment partisan rage and missing the larger COVID picture. 

I can't find a single Republican doing that unless I open my browser. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4
4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Is it really up for debate that Americans receive and share news based on the two political silos they're shoved in? 

And that the vast majority avoids the long print pieces that put complex issues into perspective?

Is nuance really where you want to fall on your sword in the battle against stereotypes?

I mean, I am clearly messing with you.  Just interesting that you are all good with stereotypes!  

My favorite stereotype has always been Sony.

15 hours ago, teachercd said:

I mean, I am clearly messing with you.  Just interesting that you are all good with stereotypes!  

My favorite stereotype has always been Sony.

I also have the tendency to stereotype America's teachers as hardworking heroes deserving far more money and respect.

I'll work on that. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

FkB9s39X0AI7CAZ?format=jpg&name=large

I'm a registered independent that leans left on social issues and right on fiscal. So my opinion on Trump is admittedly biased against him. But this is dumb. He's now selling NFTs? To take more money? The hats/flags/signs/shirts/coffee mugs aren't generating enough of a revenue stream?

• Fire 1