What is the future of the Republican Party?

"hard right" is a stupid normalizing term.

She's a conspiracy nutter. Failing to call her anything other than that is awful journalism.

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. She believes in Q. She can't support any of it, so she's a nut job. End of story.

• Plus1 3
Just now, Archy1221 said:

It would be nice if they kicked her, Omar, and Pressley out of Congress for being bigots and racists.  Not sure why everyone is just focused on one side of this equation 

I think it speaks to a greater issue of accountability and responsibility. MTG has absolutely nothing to do with those other situations and she should be treated as such. Those other situations should have been or should be managed exclusively. Any attempts to water down or distract from MTG's conspiracy theorist, Trump-first behavior is reprehensible.

If we had a dollar for every time politicians turned an issue into a whataboutism, we'd be in a national surplus and not a debt.

• Plus1 3

Ilhan Omar has questioned America's ties to Israel. She is not anti-Semitic, and her comments aren't remotely the same as Greene's. 

Ayana Pressley hasn't said anything remotely like what Greene's being called out for. I'm not sure why she would even be brought up in this conversation.

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I think it speaks to a greater issue of accountability and responsibility. MTG has absolutely nothing to do with those other situations and she should be treated as such. Those other situations should have been or should be managed exclusively. Any attempts to water down or distract from MTG's conspiracy theorist, Trump-first behavior is reprehensible.

If we had a dollar for every time politicians turned an issue into a whataboutism, we'd be in a national surplus and not a debt.

They should be treated with the same outcome.  Any attempt to give members of the squad who espouse anti semetic behavior a pass by anyone just because the conversation of the day is about MGT is reprehensible. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

They should be treated with the same outcome.  Any attempt to give members of the squad who espouse anti semetic behavior a pass by anyone just because the conversation of the day is about MGT is reprehensible. 

If you could provide the specific anti-Semitic behavior that would be swell. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

For what it's worth, I don't disagree. I just dislike whataboutism.

Precedent is often an important tool in just about any debate, whether its political or in the justice system, but it's not the only method of analysis. Elected officials constantly trying to distract from a real issue by screaming 'yeah well about THIS' are just as bad as the problem they're avoiding.

• Plus1 2