Covid-19 Vaccinations.

Just now, Archy1221 said:

No but he is much much much more smarter than you or your joke about this stuff.  They design the HVAC systems that people like Surgeons and epidemiologist would want in a sterile environment.   Just passing along safety information about planes for those who travel.  But joke away dude...lol.....Hahaha...hehehe

Not joking about the HVAC system dude.  But an engineer saying touch points are highest risk is stupid and dangerous.   

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/world/asia/covid-cleaning.html

"Scientists who initially warned about contaminated surfaces now say that the virus spreads primarily through inhaled droplets, and that there is little to no evidence that deep cleaning mitigates the threat indoors."

Cool so no more listening to Fauci about washing hands I guess 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No but he is much much much more smarter than you or your joke about this stuff.  They design the HVAC systems that people like Surgeons and epidemiologist would want in a sterile environment.   Just passing along safety information about planes for those who travel.  But joke away dude...lol.....Hahaha...hehehe

I appreciate his input on the ventilation systems in planes.  But, you listening to his input into how you can get the virus is....quite well....funny.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I appreciate his input on the ventilation systems in planes.  But, you listening to his input into how you can get the virus is....quite well....funny.

What the f#&% are you even talking about?  Ventilation with an airborne virus is a little important. He never said the virus isn’t spread though the air And I never said it wasn’t either so why be an a$$ about it.  
He told me from a ventilation standpoint, the risk of getting Covid on a plane when wearing a mask is very low.  The risk is more being in the actual airport and that is also pretty low.

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Or maybe an engineer.

:laughpoundyou crack me up.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/yes-your-employer-can-require-you-to-get-a-covid-19-vaccine-the-eeoc-says-11608657885

U.S. employers can generally mandate that their workers get vaccinated against COVID-19, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission suggested in recently released guidance, confirming what many employment-law experts had long speculated.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
50 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Cool so no more listening to Fauci about washing hands I guess 

From the link I posted:

"Hand washing with soap and water for 20 seconds — or sanitizer in the absence of soap — is still encouraged to stop the virus’s spread. But scrubbing surfaces does little to mitigate the virus threat indoors, experts say, and health officials are being urged to focus instead on improving ventilation and filtration of indoor air."

So I 100% agree with your HVAC friend on ventilation in the aircraft.  But he's off by saying that it's most likely you'd catch Covid from touch points.  That doesn't mean you shouldn't wash your hands.  It does mean that moving forward building standards ought to include much better ventilation specs, which your friend would probably love to hear.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Speaking as a teacher, as of right now we are not being told we have to get it but it seems like there is a pretty big push, it is hard to explain.  It feels passive aggressive, (like most of my posts)

It's the same for where I work. Not actually calling out people that are talking about not getting it, but definitely raising an eyebrow

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

It's the same for where I work. Not actually calling out people that are talking about not getting it, but definitely raising an eyebrow

Yeah, and sort this weird vibe of "Don't worry, no one will know if you get it or if you don't get it" 

It is all super private and secretive.  It is hard to explain.