Covid-19 Vaccinations.

54 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Wait, is that a thing now?

Are we supposed to keep wearing masks after getting our two shots?

Yes, until more data comes out that the vaccines protect you from being infected and therefore cannot pass it on to others, masks will still be advised.  In time, the scientists will know that answer and last I saw it looks like infection rate, not just the severity of the disease, will also go down post vaccination.

On 12/24/2020 at 10:52 AM, BigRedBuster said:

People I have heard talk about not getting it mention:

1) I’ve already had it, why do I need to get it?

2)  Hasn’t been tested enough. I’m going to wait to see if others have problems. 

3)  planning on trying to get pregnant and don’t know how it would affect the fetus. 

#1 only makes sense if you've had it recently, and there are conflicting reports of how long the supposed immunity lasts.

The other 2 are legitimate worries.  So far though, the only real side effects I'm seeing reported are potential fainting (which was all but debunked) and lip swelling for people with botox.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I was told at work that even if vaccinated we would continue to wear masks to "model good habits" for others...

Good lord that sounds like corporate speak.  Why can't people think beyond "mask good, mask bad"?  It's a new virus, a new set of vaccines, and as our knowledge grows about how these things work, so should our practices.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I was told at work that even if vaccinated we would continue to wear masks to "model good habits" for others...

I wonder when they decide masks will no longer  be needed.   They seem to have Helped controlled the flu season and flu kills millions worldwide every year.  Will we all be back to mandated masks every Oct-March?  It will 100% save many many lives.  

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Good lord that sounds like corporate speak.  Why can't people think beyond "mask good, mask bad"?  It's a new virus, a new set of vaccines, and as our knowledge grows about how these things work, so should our practices.

It makes sense if you think about it. Think of how many people aren't wearing masks unless they absolutely have to. As soon as people who get vaccinated stop wearing them, all of those people will stop wearing them immediately, and they're the people unlikely to get vaccinated. Those people will just claim they have been vaccinated. Masks should continue to be mandated indoors in public places until the case count gets extremely low. 

That said, if a certain work place mandates the vaccine and they don't have random people entering the building, it doesn't make much sense to require masks.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, teachercd said:

Wait, is that a thing now?

Are we supposed to keep wearing masks after getting our two shots?

It would make sense to keep wearing masks in crowded situations until all (or most) of the population has been vaccinated.  Even if you have the vaccine, you could have the virus, and it be in your breath droplets which are limited from being expelled into the common air by wearing masks. You wearing a mask after vaccination is thinking of others who haven’t gotten the vaccine yet. 

59 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It would make sense to keep wearing masks in crowded situations until all (or most) of the population has been vaccinated.  Even if you have the vaccine, you could have the virus, and it be in your breath droplets which are limited from being expelled into the common air by wearing masks. You wearing a mask after vaccination is thinking of others who haven’t gotten the vaccine yet. 

f#&% off!  Hahah

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I wonder when they decide masks will no longer  be needed.   They seem to have Helped controlled the flu season and flu kills millions worldwide every year.  Will we all be back to mandated masks every Oct-March?  It will 100% save many many lives.  

I had this exact conversation with my son. He believes it will be mandated, the time frame you list, forever after.

as of today.....1 in every 1,000 americans has died from covid.    that is in less than 1 year.   not sure how the f#&%ing dems are killing that many people with a hoax but they have done it.    even after trump promised we would not hear about covid after the election..   

fwiw....i now know 2 people who have died from covid.   although 1 of them was 97 so i guess he doesn't count as per 1 political party point of view..

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

What are the main concerns which people have about the vaccines? After getting background on how it works and how it is developed I will definitely get the vaccine the soonest I can. Of course, being a relatively healthy guy in my 40s, I don’t expect having that option until the Spring. 

My main concern is they said I can't get the shot in my a$$.