Covid-19 Vaccinations.

29 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

No s#!t. Give it to the people willing to take it if you've got doses that are about to expire.

I should have added to my post that my sentiment goes out to any Govenor, R or D, that has policies in place preventing vaccines from getting out sooner.  Cuomo came out from me because the article was about NY

• Plus1 1

Oh yeah - I forgot - we are still in the midst of covid!!  Imagine news so bad that you forget about covid.    I really didn't forget but the past days events have moved it off of the top news for the day.   In Okla we are just getting ready to go into phase 2.   65 and older.  So I'm cking to see where I can get the shot.  (I just turned 65 a week ago so I'm in phase 2). 

6 minutes ago, commando said:

what about those of us who have had covid?  i am still under quarantine...but am now wondering if i should pass on getting the vaccine within the next 3 months because i might have immunity now?  or should i take it when offered?

This is from the Mayo Clinic.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-vaccine/art-20484859

Should I get the COVID-19 vaccine even if I've already had COVID-19?

Getting COVID-19 might offer some natural protection or immunity from reinfection with the virus that causes COVID-19. But it's not clear how long this protection lasts. Because reinfection is possible and COVID-19 can cause severe medical complications, it's recommended that people who have already had COVID-19 get a COVID-19 vaccine. If you’ve had COVID-19, wait until 90 days after your diagnosis to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

I tested positive in early December and had no symptoms, but I am also young with no other health issues so I am pretty far down the line. Wasn't expecting to be getting an opportunity for a vaccine till spring anyways and that will be past this 90 day timeline.

1 minute ago, Omaha-Husker said:

This is from the Mayo Clinic.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-vaccine/art-20484859

I tested positive in early December and had no symptoms, but I am also young with no other health issues so I am pretty far down the line. Wasn't expecting to be getting an opportunity for a vaccine till spring anyways and that will be past this 90 day timeline.

so i do wait 90 days.  thanks 

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I like the recommendations in his last tweet of the thread. 

wait....they claimed to discard the vaccines rather than put them back in storage for the night?    that sounds like some BS to me.   docs won't be throwing away good vaccine like that.   it brings into question the honesty of the rest of the story to me..

7 minutes ago, commando said:

wait....they claimed to discard the vaccines rather than put them back in storage for the night?    that sounds like some BS to me.   docs won't be throwing away good vaccine like that.   it brings into question the honesty of the rest of the story to me..

Trying not to be rude here but read up on the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines and you will understand why

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, commando said:

You may also want to look at  the MD’s background and work history.  

• Plus1 1

f there is a shelf life on the vaccines that apply like that..shoudn't these shots be set up like an appointment situation so few batches spoil or have to be discarded?  do they just show up with x number of doses and vaccinate till they run out or time expires?   seems like poor planning at the least.   

14 minutes ago, commando said:

f there is a shelf life on the vaccines that apply like that..shoudn't these shots be set up like an appointment situation so few batches spoil or have to be discarded?  do they just show up with x number of doses and vaccinate till they run out or time expires?   seems like poor planning at the least.   

Hopefully you agree now after looking into things that the Doctor wasn’t just B.S.ing.  I follow him for awhile and always seems to be good person with good info.  

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Hopefully you agree now after looking into things that the Doctor wasn’t just B.S.ing.  I follow him for awhile and always seems to be good person with good info.  

it boggles the mind that they show up not knowing how many doses they are going to administer.  i agree that they should be able to give any eftovers at the end of the day to anyone....but that is piss poor planning to take a time limited product like that and just hope there are arms to put them in.

A friend of mine's grandparents (in their 90's, live in western Nebraska) apparently got their vaccines through some sort of backhanded arrangement because they couldn't get it otherwise? Something about a family member working for the local school system and was able to get them vaccines through the school system's supply.

Unsure of the story's veracity but I've known this person for years and they don't have a reason to lie. I don't know if this was part of the mitigation plan or if this family member just used their connections to make it happen. If it's the latter, I'd obviously prefer somebody get a vaccine than nobody, but I'm sure there might be other situations like this happening out there.

13 minutes ago, Enhance said:

A friend of mine's grandparents (in their 90's, live in western Nebraska) apparently got their vaccines through some sort of backhanded arrangement because they couldn't get it otherwise? Something about a family member working for the local school system and was able to get them vaccines through the school system's supply.

Unsure of the story's veracity but I've known this person for years and they don't have a reason to lie. I don't know if this was part of the mitigation plan or if this family member just used their connections to make it happen. If it's the latter, I'd obviously prefer somebody get a vaccine than nobody, but I'm sure there might be other situations like this happening out there.

(Takes note that I can start selling the vaccine on the black market using the dark web)

And...now my computer is loaded with tons of viruses from the dark web.

• Haha 1