The Angry Violent Left

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Can you, YOU, describe what you mean by race relations got worse under Obama?

It really started early in his Presidency in 2009 when he attacked cops at Cambridge University, and this set the tone for his Presidency of tending to blame cops in most situations while always assuming that somebody was out to get a black kid or minority.  Many felt he was too sympathetic of Black Lives Matter and did not stand up for police officers enough....I think his wake up call was the Dallas Police Ambush but that was late in his Presidency.  And as I shared, he relied on race baiting and identify politics to build his coalition to win his 2 elections.  The identity politics is not new and has been the backbone of the Democratic strategy for years.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/05/politics/obama-race-relations-poll/index.html

https://www.heritage.org/political-process/commentary/obamas-legacy-weaker-and-more-divided-america

• Fire 1
12 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

he attacked cops at Cambridge University

False. If you consider this an attack, I hope you’ve never complained about political correctness or called anyone a snowflake. The way some jump to defend the police and military against this kind of thing, they must think the police and members of the military are weak and over sensitive.

"But I think it's fair to say, No. 1, any of us would be pretty angry; No. 2, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and, No. 3 ... that there's a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately.”
  • Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

If race relations got worse under Obama, imo it’s because minorities felt like having a Black president meant they could speak up more about issues that affected them negatively, and there was a large group that got defensive about this instead of listening to them.

A lot of it was due to the immature and ridiculous way Obama often handled race relations.

58 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Near as I can tell, Obama simply had the nerve to be black.

35 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Appears to me race relations got bad when white people got mad there was a black president.

Yup. They then tried to come up with any reason they could other than racism for why to hate him absolutely, e.g. saying he hates the police and hates the miltary. 

Here’s an example of George H.W. Bush “attacking” the police. How awful of him. He’s divisive and race baiting.

We've all seen those shocking videotapes and have seen transcripts of the incident in Los Angeles. And without getting into the specifics of the case, those terrible scenes stir us all to demand an end to gratuitous violence and brutality. Law enforcement officials cannot place themselves above the law that they are sworn to defend. This administration will investigate possible breaches of Federal law aggressively and will prosecute violators to the full extent of the law.
  • Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

False. If you consider this an attack, I hope you’ve never complained about political correctness or called anyone a snowflake. The way some jump to defend the police and military against this kind of thing, they must think the police and members of the military are weak and over sensitive.

He jumped to conclusions as was often the case, often in situations involving the police. He also did this with some of the shooting that occurred. I still remember where I was when he went on a gun tirade within an hour or two after an Oregon school shooting, prior to many family members even being notified if their loved ones were injured, and prior to even knowing who the shooter was, whether he had the gun legally, etc...  Yet with all his focus on gun control, he rarely if ever made an attempt to acknowledge and try to address the horrific gun violence in Chicago. That is his home town and state and gun laws there are stronger than many cities, and he chose to ignore the black on black crime as it did not fit the narrative he was trying to push. 

51 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Appears to me race relations got bad when white people got mad there was a black president.

Very naive to suggest that me being a white man means I would not support a minority or female. My first choice in 2016 was Carly Fiorina...not a white man. When she bowed out I voted for Marco Rubio, not a white man either. I would have been fine with Herman Cain or other minorities in prior years. Throwing out race as a reason Obama failed is a cop out.

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

The data I am seeing is that the 4 year uptick in hate crimes began in 2014....

How can you say this but utterly ignores charts showing you the economy has been steadily growing since we began recovery from the Great Recession? Or that minority unemployment has been steadily ticking downward since that time?

Be consistent, man.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

How can you say this but utterly ignores charts showing you the economy has been steadily growing since we began recovery from the Great Recession? Or that minority unemployment has been steadily ticking downward since that time?

Be consistent, man.

I am just playing with some in here who argue both sides....any positive news is a trend Obama started and any negative news is all Trumps fault. 

15 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Be consistent, man.

You clearly don't understand so let me spell it out for you. Anything bad that is happening is because of Obama and anything good that is happening is because of Trump. No exceptions to the rule.

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

any positive news is a trend Obama started and any negative news is all Trumps fault. 

This is all in your head, but is actually exactly what you do when you pick a single data point at the end of a graph. Just because you know you are guilty of it doesn't mean you should project it onto the rest of the people posting.

• Plus1 1