Insurrection fallout

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How comfortable/awkward do you think it is that the Secret Service is being heavily scrutinized by the Democrats/J6 Committee and the DOJ and Biden has to rely on them to protect him?

I don’t imagine it’s awkward at all. I don’t think the Secret Service has been politicized per se. But I do think they probably show quite a bit of deference to whoever they are protecting at the time.  Thus they could do some questionable things while protecting Trump and still also show immense loyalty to Biden.

Maybe I got this from the movies but I also believe they assign personal attachments based on the agents political leanings and the preferences of their assignment.

• Plus1 2

Another 5th Amendment testimony

https://www.rawstory.com/ziegler-testimony/

After invoking the Fifth Amendment and executive privilege more than 100 times to refuse to answer questions from the January 6th Committee on Tuesday, former White House aide Garrett Ziegler opened a livestream to vent his frustrations to his followers in a nearly 30-minute rant laden with white nationalist grievance on Telegram.

Ziegler complained that he has less resources to fight the committee than his older cohorts, including his boss former Trade Advisor Peter Navarro, who is suing the committee, and former White House strategist Steve Bannon, who is being prosecuted for contempt.

“They can pay their attorneys to go to trial,” Ziegler said. “I had to be very smart and circumspect. My goal was to avoid a contempt of Congress charge…. It’s going to be very, very hard for them to pass a contempt of Congress charge on me when I’ve given them documents, and I flew out to DC and sat in front of them. If they have a problem with me, they have a problem with the f***ing Fifth Amendment.

Citing his decision to invoke the Fifth Amendment to avoid self-incrimination, Ziegler portrayed himself as a victim of left-wing persecution.

“They’re Bolsheviks so they probably do hate the Fifth Amendment, and most white people in general,” he said. “This is a Bolshevist, anti-white campaign…. They see me as a young Christian who they can basically try to scare.”

iegler, who reshares white nationalist Nicholas Fuentes’ content and has called Cambodia a “s***hole country” on his Telegram channel, quickly added: “I’m the least racist person that many of you have ever met, by the way. I have no bigotry. I just try to see the world for where it is.”

Then, his rant veered into misogyny when he lamented that no one else in his generation was defying the January 6th committee, because “the other people in the White House are total hos and thots.” He specifically named Cassidy Hutchinson, the former aide to Chief of Staff Mark Meadows whose bombshell testimony revealed that President Trump wanted to let supporters with guns into the rally at the Ellipse, and Alyssa Farah Griffin, the former White House director of strategic communications and assistant to the president who reportedly showed up to support Hutchinson when she testified.

Ziegler reported that Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) logged in to the interview by teleconference, but ducked out when he realized he wasn’t going to learn any new information.

“It was a boring hour,” Ziegler said. It was an awkward hour. I loathe these people.”

While spurning the committee, Ziegler provided additional detail about his role in facilitating a heated meeting at the White House on Dec. 18, 2020 in which attorney Sidney Powell, retired Lt. General Michael Flynn and former Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne urged President Trump to invoke the Insurrection Act and order the National Guard to seize ballots and re-run the election.

“What I did is I sent them a URL to a form to fill out to then they can request to the Secret Service to be admitted onto the property,” Ziegler said on Tuesday. “That’s exactly what I did. I did nothing more. I wasn’t even at the White House grounds when that meeting occurred. I had gone home because it was very late at night. I had no idea what they were discussing. I hoped that — my reason for sending the URL to the form was that somebody would advise the president to make a call to governors to get the National Guard to hand-count the paper ballots. I had no idea about the machines.”

Previously, Ziegler has told fellow election denier David K. Clements that he and Patrick Weaver, another White House aide in the National Security Council, worked together to let Powell, Flynn and Byrne into the White House.

“Basically, I had the visitor access,” Ziegler said. “And he went down and got General Flynn and Sidney Powell.”

https://www.rawstory.com/maga-world-witness/

MAGA world is going to have a hard time attacking Thursday's witnesses at Jan. 6 committee: Former Trump aide

Former White House communications director Alyssa Farah Griffin said that former President Donald Trump's allies in "MAGA world" are going to have a hard time trying to destroy the witnesses coming before the House Select Committee in the public hearing on Thursday.

Speaking to CNN, Griffin explained that Sarah Matthews, in particular, is a long-time Republican aide and she had been with Trump since the 2016 campaign.

She was "hand-picked by Kayleigh McEnany to work in the White House," Griffin explained. They aren't "going to be able to attack her as a 'Never-Trumper' or as a RINO."

Matthew Pottinger, the former deputy national security adviser, similarly is someone who has "enormous credibility on both sides of the aisle as a national security professional," she explained.

"He was the senior most NSC official in the White House on Jan. 6th," Griffin explained. "So, two very strong witnesses who are going to be able to talk about that critical day and what the former president was and was not willing to do and say, what the threat assessments were that were presented to him, and I think it's going to shed a lot of light. The one other thing I would note, I'd expect to hear a lot more of Pat Cipollone's testimony. We only got a little bit of that in the previous hearing. There are still hours of tape from that deposition that I think we'll hear in tomorrow's hearing."

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

My God….these people are so full of s#!t. 

Hey dude. You do realize lying is as sin just like gay marriage, right?

Hmmm... so that's why some have plead guilty.  Because picking up trash is a felony I guess.

We'll see how the rest fair after their trials.  

If anyone flips it will be Meadows.  Giuliani is too bat s#!t crazy to be credible and Bannon is a die-hard fascist.

It’s theoretically possible to prove a case of seditious conspiracy based on circumstantial evidence, but we can be sure that won’t be enough for the prosecution of a former president. Absent a major new revelation from the committee, we must rely on the Justice Department to supply the critical agreement element.

The traditional, and most effective, way for prosecutors to nail a charge against someone like Trump would be to leverage the cooperation of an alleged co-conspirator — in this case, a Giuliani, Bannon or Meadows, perhaps — with a promise of immunity. The department has that kind of power; a congressional committee does not.

The Justice Department’s critics are wrong to conclude that Garland’s work has been done for him in Congress, much less to upbraid him for not having already brought charges against the former president. Garland deserves the presumption that, as promised, he is going after insurrectionists “at all levels,” and that the department will do the heavy lifting to induce a loyalist to turn on the former president.