Insurrection fallout

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

How comfortable/awkward do you think it is that the Secret Service is being heavily scrutinized by the Democrats/J6 Committee and the DOJ and Biden has to rely on them to protect him?

I don't think it's awkward per se but I think it's incredibly apparent they f#&%ed up and the faction loyal to Trump is either hiding stuff pretty damning for him or more likely covering stuff up that makes the Secret Service itself look bad because, again, they f#&%ed up.

Not expecting any accountability on this one. Ethics and rules in government seem pretty optional nowadays.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Action speaks louder than words.  

What action would like to see right now?    Indictment, trial, and acquittal?   Because that's evidently what you're pushing for while the investigation is still, for all we know, underway.  Do you have evidence that there is no action? 

I get the cynicism.  But really is the timeline to date for such a huge and vast conspiracy investigation that off?

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

What action would like to see right now?    Indictment, trial, and acquittal?   Because that's evidently what you're pushing for while the investigation is still, for all we know, underway.  Do you have evidence that there is no action? 

I get the cynicism.  But really is the timeline to date for such a huge and vast conspiracy investigation that off?

Nope.  No cynicism here at all.  It's all about the law/statute of limitations.  There are Federal statute of limitations and they do have a timeline.

President Trump’s staggering record of uncharged criminal misconduct

• Plus1 4

7 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Nope.  No cynicism here at all.  It's all about the law/statute of limitations.  There are Federal statute of limitations and they do have a timeline.

President Trump’s staggering record of uncharged criminal misconduct

Since we're in the Insurrection Fallout thread then we're talking about crimes connected to that, such as seditious conspiracy.  The statute of limitations for those crimes would be five years.  

I'm not saying he will be indicted.  The bar is high due to the fallout that would ensue to charge the punk and then have him be acquitted.  I'm also not saying he won't be charged because none of knows where the DOJ is in their investigation.  I get it.  Your cynicism is well placed but I'm trying to remain hopefully that we're not yet the banana republic that we appear to be heading towards, especially if he once again wiggles off the hook.

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

This should absolutely not be a thing. These people work for the citizens of the United States.

Okay,I’m officially “f#&% these guys now”.  If you are hiring counsel, you believe there is a chance you could be convicted of something (guilty or not).  

If I believe I did nothing wrong, I’m singing like a canary to whoever wants to listen.