Economy

50 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Why do you post Tweets without looking any of it up and/or sharing what you found?

It took me about 2 minutes to find the first thing is just made up bulls#!t. You can see in the graph the household # is higher. (And it’s supposed to be higher because it includes farm related jobs, while the other doesn’t).

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/ces_cps_trends.htm

Here is some good info about the BLS and current state of employment. 

https://www.city-journal.org/article/employments-hidden-figures 

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Here is some good info about the BLS and current state of employment. 

https://www.city-journal.org/article/employments-hidden-figures 

It only took me 5 minutes to read the article and find these nuggets. 

For this reason, the household survey reports higher employment levels than the payroll survey. As of this January, the household survey estimated that 161.1 million Americans were employed; the payroll survey estimated 157.7 million

The household survey, however, tells a different story. The chart below depicts month-to-month estimates of total U.S. employment based on surveys of consumers and employees. According to that survey, employment actually fell by 31,000 workers from December to January, and by some 700,000 over the two-month period from November to January, compared to the 353,000 and the 686,000 increases respectively reported in the payroll survey. That adds up to a difference between the two surveys of some 1.4 million jobs between November and January. Over the past year, the household survey reported that the economy added 1 million new jobs—2 million fewer than the payroll survey’s estimate.

According to these estimates, full-time employment fell by some 1.6 million workers from December to January, compared with the 353,000–job increase reported in the payroll survey. Between July 2022 and January 2024, the economy added just 600,000 new full-time jobs, or 33,000 per month, compared with the payroll survey’s 5 million–job expansion estimate for the same period.

The gap between the payroll survey’s employment estimates and household survey’s full-time employment estimates are largely explained, of course, by part-time workers. The household survey estimated 100,000 new part-time jobs in January and an impressive 900,000 new part-time jobs between November through January. Therefore, according to the household survey, the increase in total employment over this period was due to increases in the number of part-time employees. Over the full year, from January to January, part-time employment grew by 600,000—about 60 percent of all job gains made during the course of the year.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Why do you post Tweets without looking any of it up and/or sharing what you found?

It took me about 2 minutes to find the first thing is just made up bulls#!t. You can see in the graph the household # is higher. (And it’s supposed to be higher because it includes farm related jobs, while the other doesn’t).

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/ces_cps_trends.htm

Because they don't want to actually think. Just get the feels.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, commando said:

if anyone is holding any stock in truth central.....dump it ASAP while you can still get something for it

Still a good chance some friends of Trump as well as international influence brokers will be able to funnel a billion or two to Trump that he will likely spend with zero concern for the common stock holder. 

26 minutes ago, commando said:

it's been an hour and no one has posted about how bad this is for america?  or how Joe is to blame for how bad this is?

I’m sure that’s because the MSM is covering up the truth about how bad this is. 

GL!

I was busy "working" and did not get to post it in time but I snagged some right after the bell (school and market)

Some dong put a short report on them and scapled a massive gain on puts.  But the company issues a press release refuting it!

It might go up 60% tomorrow.

Or go bankrupt because I suck.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

GL!

I was busy "working" and did not get to post it in time but I snagged some right after the bell (school and market)

Some dong put a short report on them and scapled a massive gain on puts.  But the company issues a press release refuting it!

I got in at 51 it is already at 55.73 in the after market.  It might go up 60% tomorrow.

Or go bankrupt because I suck.

Sorry.  I’m not falling for another one! 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1