Economy

14 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I talk frequently with the owner of one of my business’s best customers. Every time he has to toss in some complaints about Biden and the business climate and the economy. But I know his business has been doing excellent these last 3 years, as has mine.  I could sure live with a more stable supply chain and a bit less inflation but business has been great and profitable, better than at any other time.

The only reason he complains is because he’s a religious righty republican. I assume his media intake is all from conservative sources. He’s doing great personally and his business is doing great but he acts and talks like things are terrible. The disconnect from reality is just amazing.

Just felt like sharing/venting,

Just curious. Do you think it would be a threat to your relationship with this good customer if he thought you were bullish on the current economy and might plausibly vote for Joe Biden? 

7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Just curious. Do you think it would be a threat to your relationship with this good customer if he thought you were bullish on the current economy and might plausibly vote for Joe Biden? 

I guess I must think that is a possibility because I never dispute his whining. Plus it wouldn’t be a good look to tell a customer that we’re doing great while he’s b!^@hing.  BTW, I am also a customer of his but he buys more from me than I do him. Also, he has really good season tickets to our local AHL feeder team to the Avs. No way I’m risking that hookup. Seriously.

I like to keep politics out of everything except for this forum. Things have been too polarized for quite awhile. I find it best to remain in the dark about how far down the rabbit hole people I know have gone, especially the ones who help provide my livelihood. 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I guess I must think that is a possibility because I never dispute his whining. Plus it wouldn’t be a good look to tell a customer that we’re doing great while he’s b!^@hing.  BTW, I am also a customer of his but he buys more from me than I do him. Also, he has really good season tickets to our local AHL feeder team to the Avs. No way I’m risking that hookup. Seriously.

I like to keep politics out of everything except for this forum. Things have been too polarized for quite awhile. I find it best to remain in the dark about how far down the rabbit hole people I know have gone, especially the ones who help provide my livelihood. 

I never talk politics with customers or employees.

10 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This entire time people have been b!^@hing about teachers discussing politics in the classroom but it turns out the REAL menace has been HVAC guys...or like metal stuff that the HVAC stuff flows through to make things warm or cold. 

I am not really 100% sure what you do for a living. 

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This entire time people have been b!^@hing about teachers discussing politics in the classroom but it turns out the REAL menace has been HVAC guys...or like metal stuff that the HVAC stuff flows through to make things warm or cold. 

I am not really 100% sure what you do for a living. 

Well I don’t do HVAC but we do do (:lol:) “metal stuff”. So you should only be 80% sure you don’t know what I do :lol:

I don’t know about teachers talking politics but my line of work leans heavily toward folks who definitely lean hard right. A few of them make sure you hear all about it. I’ve never (not once) run across anybody in this business that is an outspoken liberal.

4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well I don’t do HVAC but we do do (:lol:) “metal stuff”. So you should only be 80% sure you don’t know what I do :lol:

I don’t know about teachers talking politics but my line of work leans heavily toward folks who definitely lean hard right. A few of them make sure you hear all about it. I’ve never (not once) run across anybody in this business that is an outspoken liberal.

You're a gun dealer?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have heard opinions on both sides. It probably depends on which side of aisle they are on. 

A rating agency downgraded U.S. credit for the second time in the nation's history on Tuesday, sounding an alarm with implications for the economy and everyday people's finances if U.S. debt continues to grow, analysts told ABC News.

I need to see what happened in the short term the first time.

10 hours ago, nic said:

I have heard opinions on both sides. It probably depends on which side of aisle they are on. 

A rating agency downgraded U.S. credit for the second time in the nation's history on Tuesday, sounding an alarm with implications for the economy and everyday people's finances if U.S. debt continues to grow, analysts told ABC News.

I need to see what happened in the short term the first time.

Well, Warren is putting his money where his mouth is. He’s bought billions in treasury bills recently and he’s going to buy more.