Economy

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

". Gaze at any item in your living room, kitchen or garage. Odds are half of its parts were pulled from the ground — the lithium from minuscule phone batteries, the aluminum buried inside of coffee makers, the gold in TV circuit boards, says Joyner. They didn't appear in midair."

I need to go back to school...based on the salary figures quoted. It looks like the mining is needed, and here to stay.

7 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

". Gaze at any item in your living room, kitchen or garage. Odds are half of its parts were pulled from the ground — the lithium from minuscule phone batteries, the aluminum buried inside of coffee makers, the gold in TV circuit boards, says Joyner. They didn't appear in midair."

I need to go back to school...based on the salary figures quoted. It looks like the mining is needed, and here to stay.

I got the black lung pop *cough* *cough*

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sick of this political crap.  You can't OK the spending then not OK paying for it.

I had a bank one time OK a big project.  They said they would finance it.  Then, once all the contracts were signed and my commitment to pay them was committed to, the bank wanted to back out.  This is no different.  I was absolutely pissed and they finally came through.  

Just f#&%ing pay for what you've committed to.  The debate if for when the spending is voted on.  Not when it's time to pay for it.

As usual, they will grand stand all the way to the very end and then, at the last minute, vote to increase the debt.  All this is is political crap that needs to end.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm so sick of this political crap.  You can't OK the spending then not OK paying for it.

I had a bank one time OK a big project.  They said they would finance it.  Then, once all the contracts were signed and my commitment to pay them was committed to, the bank wanted to back out.  This is no different.  I was absolutely pissed and they finally came through.  

Just f#&%ing pay for what you've committed to.  The debate if for when the spending is voted on.  Not when it's time to pay for it.

As usual, they will grand stand all the way to the very end and then, at the last minute, vote to increase the debt.  All this is is political crap that needs to end.

Agreed. The debt limit needs to go away - it's just political nonsense. Like you said, the time for debate is when allocating the spending.