Economy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/273418/unadjusted-monthly-inflation-rate-in-the-us/

Current inflation rate has been at 5.4% for two months.  Has not been this high since 1990.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191077/inflation-rate-in-the-usa-since-1990/

Wish I could post the graphs but some sites must not allow that.

Looks like they just average the 12 individual months year over year rates to compute the yearly inflation rate. That means that the average inflation for the year is still under 3.7% and the last 12 months rate is 2.8%.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

My mother-in-law can vouch for this - one of the businesses she owns is a cafe and they buy a lot of food from a restaurant depot here in Omaha. The cost of a box of chicken thighs doubled as some point in the last couple of months and just about everything else has shot up as well.

5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

My mother-in-law can vouch for this - one of the businesses she owns is a cafe and they buy a lot of food from a restaurant depot here in Omaha. The cost of a box of chicken thighs doubled as some point in the last couple of months and just about everything else has shot up as well.

Has nothing to do with the price packers are paying for the live animals. Price gouging by the packers to be sure.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Has nothing to do with the price packers are paying for the live animals. Price gouging by the packers to be sure.

IDK jack about what packers are paying for cattle but I sell all kinds of stuff to packers and it has all greatly increased in price in the last 5 months. It’s the craziest I’ve ever seen things. They have more than cattle costs they have to pass on.

• Plus1 1