Economy

5 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I KNOW!! I miss the days of alternative facts more and more.

Question: if Biden has anything to do with inflation, why is inflation also up in Europe and China? I guess that cabal of America hating Democrats is stronger than we thought! 

Ask @Guy Chamberlin  Apparantly he is the resident economist and will explain this to all us commoners in rather great detail.  

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Ask @Guy Chamberlin  Apparantly he is the resident economist and will explain this to all us commoners in rather great detail.  

Pretty simple: global pandemic creates an unprecedented economic shutdown, driving a massive cash infusion not recommended in normal times. The dilution of monetary supply combined with global supply chain issue results in a modest increase in the price of goods and services. The subsequent increase in wages mitigates some of the inflation. The condition is considered temporary and generally mild compared to previous U.S. inflationary periods, and far better than the economic hardships facing other COVID impacted countries. 

As with all economic issues, there is a lag time that discourages accurate credit or blame for policy initiatives and petroleum prices. Basic U.S. monetary policy -- including massive bailouts -- has remained largely consistent between the two major political parties. 

Thanks for asking. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2021 at 8:00 AM, Archy1221 said:

I guess we will blame it on the Fairy Inflation Queen.  Maybe you will feel better that way.  

You seriously are going to blame the inflation  on Biden?  :laughpound

Welcome to party politics. 

Next you’re going to say Trump was responsible for low gas prices and Biden responsible for high gas prices. 

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You seriously are going to blame the inflation  on Biden?  :laughpound

Welcome to party politics. 

Next you’re going to say Trump was responsible for low gas prices and Biden responsible for high gas prices. 

Blaming it on the Fairy Inflation Queen.  

• Haha 2