Economy

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sorry, I don’t really give a s#!t about price gouging on a luxury item like this. 

If I’m building yachts and I want to triple my price, why should anyone give a s#!t like this?

I agree with you on principle, but there are a lot of contexts where there's rightfully some blame and condemnation towards SBux. Their business model is to monopolize coffee in neighborhoods leaving no other 'restaurant' coffee options and also strategically picking zones full of people that are less likely or able to easily have and make their own.

BUT, pro tip, regular hot and iced coffees at Starbucks have unlimited free refills if you have the app, and even if you don't a refill is .50c

5 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I agree with you on principle, but there are a lot of contexts where there's rightfully some blame and condemnation towards SBux. Their business model is to monopolize coffee in neighborhoods leaving no other 'restaurant' coffee options and also strategically picking zones full of people that are less likely or able to easily have and make their own.

BUT, pro tip, regular hot and iced coffees at Starbucks have unlimited free refills if you have the app, and even if you don't a refill is .50c

Psssst….you don’t need coffee. 

Im saying that and I’m a coffee drinker. 

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I get that some companies have raised prices after having good profits and some are trying to demonize corporations because if it. 

But, seriously?  Your using Starbucks as an example?  News flash, it’s a luxury. If you don’t like spending $6 on a cup of coffee, don’t. 

I bought a coffee maker for about $30. And I go through a $12 can of Folgers every month or so.  

Anyone saying they “need” Starbucks or any other shop needs to be slapped for being spoiled and stupid.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

I bought a coffee maker for about $30. And I go through a $12 can of Folgers every month or so.  

Anyone saying they “need” Starbucks or any other shop needs to be slapped for being spoiled and stupid.

Anyone drinking Folgers from a $30 coffee maker might as well just drink motor oil and call it good.  Do yourself a favor and order Joe’s whole bean from NY.  You will thank me later.  

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I don't judge.  Just be careful not to poke yourself in the eye with that pinky finger when you take a sip.

Us refined folk have mastered that art many moons ago.   I just feel for the commoners who attempt that delicate move holding their soup canister/pee can/coffee mug…. It usually doesn’t work out well for them or like you said their eye.   BTW…I have Joe’s website info.  Feel free to send me a private DM so you don’t have to be embarrassed about no longer drinking tar :D   

In case anyone is wondering, this is friendly banter amongst old friends. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Us refined folk have mastered that art many moons ago.   I just feel for the commoners who attempt that delicate move holding their soup canister/pee can/coffee mug…. It usually doesn’t work out well for them or like you said their eye.   BTW…I have Joe’s website info.  Feel free to send me a private DM so you don’t have to be embarrassed about no longer drinking tar :D   

In case anyone is wondering, this is friendly banter amongst old friends. 

I'm not your friend.  Please don't ever insult my taste in people like that again. 

Coffee....fair game.  I do enjoy bad coffee.  :thumbs

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'm not your friend.  Please don't ever insult my taste in people like that again. 

Coffee....fair game.  I do enjoy bad coffee.  :thumbs

It’s ok to admit our friendship.  Others here will only hate you for a little while.  And if they can’t get over it, that’s on them.  

You might even start getting multiple +1’s on most posts like I do:) 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Psssst….you don’t need coffee. 

Im saying that and I’m a coffee drinker. 

I know that. Just seems a bit off to focus moreso on the "hey poor person you don't need this luxury" personal responsibility angle than the "hey powerful corporation systematically preying on and exploiting people for gain" one.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I know that. Just seems a bit off to focus moreso on the "hey poor person you don't need this luxury" personal responsibility angle than the "hey powerful corporation systematically preying on and exploiting people for gain" one.

How is a corporation exploiting someone by selling them something they don't need at a higher price?

• Plus1 1