Economy

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Great.....

What mandates are they protesting?  I am unaware of any mandates that prevents truckers from doing anything.

it's not really about any mandates.  it's a far right protest    that will pay the truckers well to protest.

• 2 weeks later...

Just some local info.

Last Thursday I filled up for $3.07 gal at Sams. They are typically about 25¢ to 30¢ below the best prices around.

This morning about 8AM I was going to top off the tank at $3.36 but the lines were too long so I went straight to work. Went back at 10AM and the price had already increased to $3.54. On my way back I saw $3.88 at what is typically the next cheapest place in town.

No point, just sharing.

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Man, we would love some of that $3.88 gas here in California.

I bet :P

Seriously though, many years ago we drove to San Diego via the Grand Canyon and Disneyland. I couldn’t believe that gas prices were sooo high in Cali. $2.75/gal near San Diego. At the time that was over a dollar higher than anything I had ever seen before anywhere.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I bet :P

Seriously though, many years ago we drove to San Diego via the Grand Canyon and Disneyland. I couldn’t believe that gas prices were sooo high in Cali. $2.75/gal near San Diego. At the time that was over a dollar higher than anything I had ever seen before anywhere.

What was the first gas price you remember?

I remember .69 cents.  Took about 5 dollars to fill up my Saturn about halfway. 

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What was the first gas price you remember?

I remember .69 cents.  Took about 5 dollars to fill up my Saturn about halfway. 

I remember pumping it for like 74¢ in the 70’s. I’m sure I saw it sometime earlier for much less but my memory is s#!t.

• Oh Yeah! 1