Economy

16 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm for a wealth tax and like our progressive income taxes, only the money above the threshold would be taxed. I don't have a strong preference for a particular threshold, but $1 billion seems more than reasonable to me.

But does a person like this get his tax money back when his only son was having his wealth on the wrong day of the year? 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah...but what policies of Biden's have caused that?

None I would imagine but who cares about if he is or is not to blame.  All that matters is if it sucks for us.

If your crusade is to protect Joe from people not liking the economy, that is fine.  Presidents get blamed for everything all the time, fair or not.  This isn't new.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

None I would imagine but who cares about if he is or is not to blame.  All that matters is if it sucks for us.

If your crusade is to protect Joe from people not liking the economy, that is fine.  Presidents get blamed for everything all the time, fair or not.  This isn't new.

The tweet was about a politician trying to make political hay out of claiming Biden is responsible for all of it.  Which is BS.  The comments to the tweet basically point that out which was the basis for my comment.

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The tweet was about a politician trying to make political hay out of claiming Biden is responsible for all of it.  Which is BS.  The comments to the tweet basically point that out which was the basis for my comment.

Again, that is great, but no one really cares about that.

We just care that prices suck.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh, most definitely.  It's a major issue that needs to be gotten under control.

But, Americans should really have a better idea of what is causing it to be able to make wise decisions.

Yeah.  During the summer of the pandemic, I could almost forecast the prices on everything skyrocketing when things get back to normal.  I know we hear supply and demand, but there are lots of big companies that where going to make up their pandemic losses one way or another, and stick it to the people. It's part of it, but not all of it of course (out of control inflation). 

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh, most definitely.  It's a major issue that needs to be gotten under control.

But, Americans should really have a better idea of what is causing it to be able to make wise decisions.

But this is the country where people take pictures/videos of themselves at the gas pump two days after Biden's inauguration, complaining that he jacked up the gas prices on them. 

• Plus1 1