Economy

20 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

To be fair, when there's a shortage of everything, I'm not sure what China was expected to buy.

But there weren't any shortages during that time ... that happened after Mr. Trump fanned the flames of the non existent, "going to be over in spring/only 14 people sick"  pandemic.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I get that some companies have raised prices after having good profits and some are trying to demonize corporations because if it. 

But, seriously?  Your using Starbucks as an example?  News flash, it’s a luxury. If you don’t like spending $6 on a cup of coffee, don’t. 

I think you're both right. It's gouging, but it's also a luxury.

I got fed up with Starbucks a few months ago and went full time to my French Press. It's a lot more work and takes ten times as long, but overall it's better coffee and it is SO MUCH cheaper. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I get that some companies have raised prices after having good profits and some are trying to demonize corporations because if it. 

But, seriously?  Your using Starbucks as an example?  News flash, it’s a luxury. If you don’t like spending $6 on a cup of coffee, don’t. 

Robert is being loose with the numbers also by talking % profit increase.  He’s knows what he’s doing there.  

check out SBUX year over year stock price.  Not much to crow about.  

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Robert is being loose with the numbers also by talking % profit increase.  He’s knows what he’s doing there.  

check out SBUX year over year stock price.  Not much to crow about.  

Sorry, I don’t really give a s#!t about price gouging on a luxury item like this. 

If I’m building yachts and I want to triple my price, why should anyone give a s#!t like this?

• Plus1 1