Biden's Day 1 & Beyond Executive orders

Which Executive orders do you agree with  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The only reason it was going through America is it was more cost-effective than running it over the Canadian Rockies. The end point for all that garbage oil was always China. 

It'll be interesting to see if China and Canada work together to put a pipeline through their Rockies to get it to facilities near Puget Sound where they can be shipped. 

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Gotcha - I changed my vote on this.  If the ultimate goal is just to get the oil to China and elsewhere, then let them pipe it west to Vancouver on their own land. 

I wonder how much USA land has been disrupted so far??

I started really questioning this when I saw the pipeline was going all the way to Houston.  So....why would you pipe oil, all the way across the US to a port city, refine it then pipe it back north away from the port city to be used in the US?  If you're going to go through all the legal battles they needed to do the pipeline, why wouldn't you go through the same effort to build a refinery in maybe North Dakota, refine it and then pump the refined products to northern cities that need fuel?

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I started really questioning this when I saw the pipeline was going all the way to Houston.  So....why would you pipe oil, all the way across the US to a port city, refine it then pipe it back north away from the port city to be used in the US?  If you're going to go through all the legal battles they needed to do the pipeline, why wouldn't you go through the same effort to build a refinery in maybe North Dakota, refine it and then pump the refined products to northern cities that need fuel?

Good points.  

42 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

3. Expand the reach of Trump era Canada, Mexico, USA trade deal to include all countries north of South America.  Make it a true North American agreement - to help rid those countries of violence, poverty, joblessness, etc.  Instead of sending all of our foreign aid to countries in other continents and instead of outsourcing all of our production needs to China, Vietnam, why not make it an North American emphasis.  The more we help those countries in NA the more we help ourselves and remove the reason for so many immigrants to leave their countries.   I think a comprehensive North American Trade and foreign aid package would go a long way in solving some of 

our boarder issues. 

Pretty decent idea and I mad at myself for not having the wisdom to think about it.  Why not help build an infrastructure to help those countries with cheap labor build our products we don’t build here instead of SE Asia. 

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Pretty decent idea and I mad at myself for not having the wisdom to think about it.  Why not help build an infrastructure to help those countries with cheap labor build our products we don’t build here instead of SE Asia. 

agree 100%    Seems like it would make the products cost less wt lower transportation costs.  

These are day 2 Executive orders - all targeting the response to Covid 19.   Get'r done Joe.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-national-covid-strategy-watch-live-stream-today-2021-01-21/

Executive orders

1. Directing agencies to address vaccine and PPE supply shortfalls using all authorities including DPA;
  2. Directing OSHA to publish worker safety guidelines;
  3. Establishing a coronavirus testing board;
  4. Directing government scientists to identify new treatments for COVID-19;
  5. Directing HHS and CDC to provide clear guidance on safe school reopening;
  6. Directing agencies to expand data collection and reporting capacity;
  7. Establishing a health equity taskforce that focuses on racial/geographic health disparities; Dr. Marcella Nunez-Smith will be chair;
  8. Enhancing the collection, sharing and analysis of covid data including metrics by race and ethnicity;
  9. Require mask wearing on plane, trains and other forms of public transportation;
  10. Bolster clinical care facilities and long term care facilities.
  • Plus1 5
  • TGHusker changed the title to Biden's Day 1 & Beyond Executive orders

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

This is actually a pretty interesting topic to me as far as arguing the points for and against, mostly because I'm not sure how I feel about it.

But with that being said, this Tweet is utterly over the top ridiculousness. There are going to be a handful of examples here and there where a transgender girl is dominant in a high school sport and it feels unfair, and maybe it is unfair. But there is absolutely no chance this is doing to "eviscerate" women's sports. It will probably make no noticeable difference. There is no way you will have boys lining up to say they are transgender just so they can play against female competition. That is never going to happen. Almost no one is willing to do that unless they are actually transgender, and very few people are transgender.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I understand her concern, I really do.  This is a cloudy issue for sure.

But to use the word "eviscerate"???  Let's take a deep breath here, Abigail.

I really don't foresee a bunch of division II men's basketball players claiming to be transgendered to get a roster spot on a Div I women's team.

How many women's scholarship spots would this actually affect in a year?  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

This is actually a pretty interesting topic to me as far as arguing the points for and against, mostly because I'm not sure how I feel about it.

But with that being said, this Tweet is utterly over the top ridiculousness. There are going to be a handful of examples here and there where a transgender girl is dominant in a high school sport and it feels unfair, and maybe it is unfair. But there is absolutely no chance this is doing to "eviscerate" women's sports. It will probably make no noticeable difference. There is no way you will have boys lining up to say they are transgender just so they can play against female competition. That is never going to happen. Almost no one is willing to do that unless they are actually transgender, and very few people are transgender.

Not to mention, that pool even gets even smaller when we talk about transgendered AND competitive athlete.

Continuing with the topic though, it might be a good idea for the government to actually clearly define transgendered.  I know this is a complicated topic and would require the input of a lot of physiologists, psychologists, geneticists, etc.  But I think I a definition were given it would help quell a lot of the fear mongering.

No, a man with a beard and wig are not going to follow little Susie into the bathroom....

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1