Biden Foreign Policy

2 minutes ago, nic said:

Everyone knew this was going south and it’s going to get worse...

10 US Marines and soldiers killed in Kabul, Afghanistan suicide bombing, officials say

i don’t know if this withdrawal was an intelligence failure or a calculated risk by the administration, but either way it’s a crap show that is going to get worse. 

1) we screwed up, it’s embarrassing, demoralizing, and shameful. Taliban trying to fly a Blackhawk...are you kidding me!

2) I suspect we will have to go back in some form to mitigate the damage so the withdrawal is moot at this point.

3) I have seen impeachment calls for Biden which are absolute crap. Yes the administration screwed up and lives are gonna be lost, but this country is better than this and we should actually rally and give support. I thought the first impeachment of Trump was crap too. I don’t even remember what is was for. The second, maybe, but what was the point, he was gone. impeachment talk harms the US in all cases.  

hopefully Biden can actually lead us. I am willing to give him the opportunity. I don’t think Harris is a good option. Honestly, I think if Trump was still in office the Taliban would be way more cautious because he was to bat $h!t crazy he might turn that country into a crater. Right now the administration looks like it’s cowering. 

It's a clusterf#&%, but for the love of god don't restart this damn thing over. Just get out for good. 

• Plus1 4

7 minutes ago, nic said:

2) I suspect we will have to go back in some form to mitigate the damage so the withdrawal is moot at this point.

3) I have seen impeachment calls for Biden which are absolute crap. Yes the administration screwed up and lives are gonna be lost, but this country is better than this and we should actually rally and give support. I thought the first impeachment of Trump was crap too. I don’t even remember what is was for. The second, maybe, but what was the point, he was gone. impeachment talk harms the US in all cases.  

hopefully Biden can actually lead us. I am willing to give him the opportunity. I don’t think Harris is a good option. Honestly, I think if Trump was still in office the Taliban would be way more cautious because he was to bat $h!t crazy he might turn that country into a crater. Right now the administration looks like it’s cowering. 

Ohhhh I wouldn't speculate on things like that, @Scarlet will be in here ASAP 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

And the helicopters.   seems like we could have flown these out.   I wonder if the admin has plans to carpet bomb the drones, helicopters, HVs and the abandoned air base

after we get our people out.  I sure hope so.

While I blame Bush, Obama, Trump and Biden for the overall fiasco that is Afghanistan, I have to blame Biden for this very badly executed evacuation of the country and the potential humanitarian crisis to follow.

The evacuation plans were negotiated by Pompeo with the Taliban. Start there before you blame Biden for anything with this. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

The evacuation plans were negotiated by Pompeo with the Taliban. Start there before you blame Biden for anything with this. 

Cluterf#&%s can be attributed to multiple people. I feel that is appropriate here. But Biden is in charge now, and ultimately deserves his portion of the blame. I won't try to play expert and say how it should have been done, it seems like it would have been messy anyway we sliced it, but have to call a spade, a spade. 

• Plus1 3

I think the reason we didn't get out of this any better than we did is because pretty much every Afghan expert predicted the Taliban would take-over the whole country again, but they honestly thought it would take a year or two, when all our people were safely home and the crisis was conveniently distanced.

This instant and visceral failure caught everyone who was supposed to know this s#!t by surprise. 

There's no getting around an Afghan army with 6:1 numerical advantage fleeing at the first hint of conflict and handing over billions of dollars worth of arms to the enemy.  I feel horrible for their wives, mothers and daughters, but otherwise...f#&% 'em. 

• Plus1 2

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.  Hence why we had a Saigon moment in Afghanistan.

Look how well prepped the troops were, the Afgans I mean.  They were an army mostly in name alone.  I don't think our troops sucked at prepping them, but it's scary to see what 20yrs worth of effort got them.

And the 6:1 advantage is a smoke screen.  How many of the Afgan army were either already among the Taliban ranks in secret, or joined instead of facing death.

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It's a clusterf#&%, but for the love of god don't restart this damn thing over. Just get out for good. 

Don't disagree, but just wait and watch.  Sorry I am skeptical. This was a campaign promise Trump didn't keep. I always wondered why. With how volatile he was, I would have expected some knee-jerk pull out years ago.

18 minutes ago, nic said:

Don't disagree, but just wait and watch.  Sorry I am skeptical. This was a campaign promise Trump didn't keep. I always wondered why. With how volatile he was, I would have expected some knee-jerk pull out years ago.

I really don't see a lot of knee jerk militarily action on Trump's record

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Redux said:

I really don't see a lot of knee jerk militarily action on Trump's record

He pulled out of Syria, despite it being unpopular with R's. Zero evacuations of the Kurds. Russians take over our bases in Syria. Then two weeks later sent Troops back into Syria. The whole thing was knee-jerk. I don't care if you're critical of Biden here, obviously I am as well - but lets not rewrite history. 

• Plus1 3