** 2021 Opponent Previews : Michigan (Game 7) **

19 minutes ago, Mavric said:

He doesn’t have gaudy stats, but he he tends to flush QBs to his teammates for clean up. He never stops on a play. The motor is always running. He has a great PFF every week and will go top 10 in the draft. His counter part, Ojabo was a beast last week. Michigan rotates a lot of DTs to keep them fresh. The safeties are excellent and the linebackers are pretty good. The weak spot are the CB. No one has tested them yet.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, nic said:

He doesn’t have gaudy stats, but he he tends to flush QBs to his teammates for clean up. He never stops on a play. The motor is always running. He has a great PFF every week and will go top 10 in the draft. His counter part, Ojabo was a beast last week. Michigan rotates a lot of DTs to keep them fresh. The safeties are excellent and the linebackers are pretty good. The weak spot are the CB. No one has tested them yet.

I just watched their defense against Wisconsin. Admittedly, I was expecting to see him all over the field making tackles.  He made some.  But, not as much as I expected in that game.

Their front seven is extremely active even prior to the snap.  They play their LBs really close to the line a lot of plays.  I wonder if that will change playing against our offense since we have shown we can be successful with the option getting to the outside.  I would assume they were expecting Wisconsin to run mostly between the tackles.  Their movement before snap has the potential to confuse our Line on blocking assignments.

It's kind of hard to say whether Michigan has completely sorted out the offensive issues they've had over the past two years. They're definitely much improved this season overall, and they seem confident and fired up.

Against Wisconsin, they ran the ball 44 times and only racked up 112 yards.

I think we are capable of putting up 24 points in this game. Question is whether our defense can have the kind of game we had against Oklahoma.

5 minutes ago, Undone said:

It's kind of hard to say whether Michigan has completely sorted out the offensive issues they've had over the past two years. They're definitely much improved this season overall, and they seem confident and fired up.

I think we are capable of putting up 24 points in this game. Question is whether our defense can have the kind of game we had against Oklahoma.

Their QB impressed me on how he moved in the pocket.  Wisconsin had him dead to rights a few times and he snaked out and made a play 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Undone said:

The Oline has been sorted out with run blocking and protection. Three RBs are solid.  They ran all over people the first three games and then Rutgers and Wiscy loaded the box. Michigan responded well last week. Not so much versus Rutgers. I think their QB has some accuracy issues, but also has zero interceptions. Their backup QB is a stud. He will be starting before the end of the year. He can run too. They lost their best receiver and the rest are young. I would make them pass the ball and see if they sorted that out. 

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If anyone is trying to downplay Michigans defense because they haven't had a very difficult schedule so far is missing the mark. Great defense is great defense no matter who you play, it comes out on film- like this.  Watched 2 of their games so far- impressive. Like their aggressiveness and pad level.