** 2021 Opponent Previews : Michigan (Game 7) **

1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

Michigan’s defense is scary.  We will need to contain Hutchinson.  He is better than Bonitto from OU and that guy ate our lunch and stole our money.

58 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

He's good but I disagree.  Bonitto is a little more dynamic.  

They're just different guys. Bonitto is your Von Miller/Khalil Mack guy who can definitely rush but can spy and play LB too. Hutchinson is a true DE - super athletic still, but they're not going to use him the same way Bonitto was used. Definitely a scary matchup though, we've got a true freshman LT making his second career start and a redshirt freshman RT making his 7th career start and 2nd at that position. 

I'm optimistic, we just really need to start hot. Corum is solid, and if they get a lead they'll probably just be able to bleed us out. But their last couple games offensively haven't been great. We need the offense to show more life than Wisconsin's did and not turn it over, and if the defense shows up like it has since Illinois we'll be in it. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

They're just different guys. Bonitto is your Von Miller/Khalil Mack guy who can definitely rush but can spy and play LB too. Hutchinson is a true DE - super athletic still, but they're not going to use him the same way Bonitto was used. Definitely a scary matchup though, we've got a true freshman LT making his second career start and a redshirt freshman RT making his 7th career start and 2nd at that position. 

I'm optimistic, we just really need to start hot. Corum is solid, and if they get a lead they'll probably just be able to bleed us out. But their last couple games offensively haven't been great. We need the offense to show more life than Wisconsin's did and not turn it over, and if the defense shows up like it has since Illinois we'll be in it. 

I think it will actually be a good match up.  He's a taller guy which might help Teddy out.  NW's smaller DE got under him a couple times.  Good way to make a name for yourself by stopping a dude like Hutchinson.  I'm sure HCSF will call stuff to help Teddy out.  Wisconsin had some success throwing the ball there were some bad INTs while Mertz was under pressure tho.  Wisconsin was able to get guys open.  

• Plus1 4

Man I wish I could be at this game.  I think the atmosphere will be electric.  Home field typically accounts for 3-5 points.  I think our crowd will be a 7-10 point difference in this game.  I would personally take the unders as I can see this being a 17-13 kind of game where both defenses really dictate the game.   

• Plus1 1

I was surprised Michigan State started out undefeated, and surprised they got the OT dub against the Huskers.  To be honest, I think both Sparty and the wolverines are neck-and-neck.  Different teams, but overall similar.  Neither stands out, even though both have same record. 

Which is good for the Huskers.  Because we are right there competitive wise.  I love that this is a home night game for the Huskers.  Should help a lot.

• Plus1 1