2021-2022 Season Notes

Starting to look like (much as the fooball Huskers had early advantages with weights, prop 48, TV appearances, etc. under T.O.);  Fred gained early advantages with his (then) bold use of transfers, Jucos, etc. to foster a coaching reputation. Now, with the advent of the portal, and get- out- of -jail-free cards to facilitate player movement, those advantages are neutralized. When everyone has the same opportunities, so far, Fred has failed to measure up.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, if Fred were to be let go in the middle of the season due to this, I’m assuming Doc would be interim HC?

I have no idea, but that seems possible if they had to recall the Mayor immediately.

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, if the rumors are true, I still don't get why the team has played so friggen bad.

Unless, the team knew what was being investigated behind the scenes and that distracted them from just playing good BB.

Some people are using the flu to excuse the losses to Michigan and Auburn, admittedly that may have added to the margin of defeat a little. But I just don't think Hoiberg is as good a coach as advertised :hmmph TJ Otzelberger was the real genius at ISU, kind of like how Tim Miles never sniffed the NCAAs again after Craig Smith left.

13 minutes ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Some people are using the flu to excuse the losses to Michigan and Auburn, admittedly that may have added to the margin of defeat a little. But I just don't think Hoiberg is as good a coach as advertised :hmmph TJ Otzelberger was the real genius at ISU, kind of like how Tim Miles never sniffed the NCAAs again after Craig Smith left.

They are playing worse than even a bad coach would produce.

They are capable of playing how they played at NC State.  But, something happened since then that has really screwed up this team.

• Plus1 1