B1G Payout Going Up Nearly $10M

17 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I had a pretty good italian beef and an italian sausage at Swap-o-rama lol.  I grew up in Gary, IN so the stigma of certain areas of Chicago didn't really bother me.  We used to park just outside of Chinatown and walk like what seemed like 5 miles to Bears games 

Holy s#!t….you're a tough SOB then. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I only get italian beef and chicago dogs from Portillo's.  I can't eat chocolate.  Mr. Portillo had his carpets redone years ago.  Their old carpet is now scrap pieces in my sister's basement lol

Haha that’s awesome. 

And that’s my go-to as well. I try telling myself I’m going to get one or the other, but then I end up with both - I cant pass up on either. They mix the chocolate cake with mayo to keep it moist and it legit stays fresh for 1-2 weeks.

10 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Adding time back on the clock was not one of the rules at the time. 

Clock adjustment when reviewing a play is acceptable, however the issue wasn't that the clock had a second put back on it should've been that there was no reviewable play to be reviewed.

the 2009-10 rule book states: 

Passes ARTICLE 2. Reviewable plays involving passes include: a. Pass ruled complete, incomplete or intercepted anywhere in the field of play or an end zone.

Miscellaneous ARTICLE 5. a. The number of players participating by either team during a live ball. b. Clock adjustment when a ruling is reviewed.

So technically the play shouldn't have been reviewable because nothing occurred that could have been reviewed. Unless they really wanted to make sure it was an incomplete pass lol.

It is what it is unfortuantely.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
54 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Clock adjustment when reviewing a play is acceptable, however the issue wasn't that the clock had a second put back on it should've been that there was no reviewable play to be reviewed.

So technically the play shouldn't have been reviewable because nothing occurred that could have been reviewed. Unless they really wanted to make sure it was an incomplete pass lol.

Nice save 

1 hour ago, Savage Husker said:

Adding time back on the clock was not one of the rules at the time. 

I believe it was. The following was added in 2007 or 2008. People can argue about the definition of egregious, but by the time you get there you're grasping for straws.

"ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable. However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those involving the game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c and -d, 12-3-4-b and -e, and 12-3-5-a)."

1 hour ago, hskrfan4life said:

That makes sense.

Didn't they (or did they) use separate replays side-by-side to make the judgement/decision? 

It seemed so ridiculous to determine if the ball cross the out-of-bounds sideline - in air - with a game clock running down.  So stupid I just laugh anymore.

2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I believe it was. The following was added in 2007 or 2008. People can argue about the definition of egregious, but by the time you get there you're grasping for straws.

"ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable. However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those involving the game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c and -d, 12-3-4-b and -e, and 12-3-5-a)."

3 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

My bad. I stand corrected. Stings that it was one of, if not, the first time applied and in such a big moment. It appears there are multiple articles/rules that would have applied:

12-3-6-X

X. Team A’s punt bounces untouched into Team B’s end zone for a touchback when the game clock reads 7:35 in the first quarter. Team

Rule 12-3 / InsTanT RePlay FI-101
B will have the ball at its 20-yard line. After the ball is dead, the officials on the field do not notice that the game clock continues to run. When the referee declares the ball ready for play, the game clock reads 6:22. RULING: Although there is no play to review, the replay official may interrupt the game before the ball is snapped and correct the clock error. He instructs the referee to announce that the game clock should be set to 7:35.

17 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Had to look up Portillo's.  You guys are making me hungry. Then I looked at the menu - now I know what I need to eat for lunch!  But something in Tulsa - can't get to Chicago that quick!

I was talking to some people who were visiting Chicago from LA.  They kept telling me they were going to eat at Por tee yo's.  I had no idea what they were talking about.  They kept explaining and I was like ohh Portillo's.  Then they said No Por tee yo's in Spanish double L's are Y's.  I said well its the guy's last name and it's Portillo's, welcome to Chicago 

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Had to look up Portillo's.  You guys are making me hungry. Then I looked at the menu - now I know what I need to eat for lunch!  But something in Tulsa - can't get to Chicago that quick!

Goldbelly is your friend...my friend?  It's definitely pricey but damn if it isn't worth a splurge every once in a while.  I usually find myself ordering Lou Malnati's about once or twice a year.