2021 Fall Camp Notes - Defensive Backs

Word from JoJo is Phalen Sanford had an INT, a fumble returned for a TD and a sack in the scrimmage.

I idea what offensive unit he was going against at that time but that's pretty good production.  Good to see (hear) the testing numbers translate to the field.  I would think he'd at least be on the field for some special teams this fall.

• Plus1 2

Supposedly one of the things the Florida DBs who left were butthurt about was how many reps Sanford was getting, like it was favoritism toward the no-name Nebraska kid. He did have an INT in the spring game, too.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Fisher said playing on special teams is almost a requirement for his guys.  They're planning to take 11 DBs to Illinois and all would be on at least one special teams unit.

One comment that was made on the JoJo pod cast is that before now, there wasn't enough depth to risk having the top guys on special teams.  Now, they have much more depth so the risk isn't as bad.

That's a good sign.

• Plus1 3

21 hours ago, Toe said:

Supposedly one of the things the Florida DBs who left were butthurt about was how many reps Sanford was getting, like it was favoritism toward the no-name Nebraska kid. He did have an INT in the spring game, too.

It was a garbage end of half throw, and he didn't follow through because his lineman was getting pushed back into him. NBD.

21 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I want to see Manning give a Kenny Bell block.  That's one big wide receiver.  

Sadly it's illegal now.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, ZRod said:

It was a garbage end of half throw, and he didn't follow through because his lineman was getting pushed back into him. NBD.

Sadly it's illegal now.

And it was a crazy windy day too.  All QBs struggled from the wind, from what I remember.

• Plus1 1