2021 Fall Camp Notes - Defensive Backs

36 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

It was illegal when he did it too.

It wasn't actually. It was clean and legal then.

36 minutes ago, admo said:

And it was a crazy windy day too.  All QBs struggled from the wind, from what I remember.

Forgot about that. Another good point

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

That's fine.  And it sounds like the RB room. 

Could take 2-3 games to find the best player (and backup combo).  Doesn't matter who starts game 1.  It only matters who the best player is (at any position) when it becomes big boy football time (OU and after).

• Plus1 1

Ill be curious to see with our depth in the secondary if any of our true freshman make a push for playing time in the rotation. Ive heard good things about Malik Williams and Buford. Sounds like Koby Bretz will play Nickel going forward. My guess is Buford probably has the upper hand as far as playing time goes between the freshman DBs. 

1 minute ago, GretnaHusker14 said:

Ill be curious to see with our depth in the secondary if any of our true freshman make a push for playing time in the rotation. Ive heard good things about Malik Williams and Buford. Sounds like Koby Bretz will play Nickel going forward. My guess is Buford probably has the upper hand as far as playing time goes between the freshman DBs. 

I don't see any of the true freshmen being in the two-deep barring injury.  Just too much ahead of them from guys who have been around longer.  But they are traveling 11 to Illinois and all will be on special teams which means at least a couple of them should get on the field.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2