Fordham Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

38 minutes ago, Mavric said:

The stats you are stating above have so little to do with your original assertion - not to mention doing nothing to prove your point - it's almost comical.

Career TOs per game for B1G Starting QBs. Teamrankings only had total fumbles, lost and recovered so I used that stat. (INT+FUM)/Games. 

A. Martinez - 1.63

J. Plummer - 1.27

G. Mertz - 1.20

T. Morgan - 1.16

P. Thorne - 1.00

J. McCarthy - 1.00

T. Tagovailoa. - 0.88

N. Vedral - 0.85

S. Clifford - 0.81

B. Peters - 0.80

M. Penix - 0.75

H. Johnson - 0.64

S. Petras - 0.58

C. Stroud - 0.50

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Career TOs per game for B1G Starting QBs. Teamrankings only had total fumbles, lost and recovered so I used that stat. (INT+FUM)/Games. 

A. Martinez - 1.63

J. Plummer - 1.27

G. Mertz - 1.20

T. Morgan - 1.16

P. Thorne - 1.00

J. McCarthy - 1.00

T. Tagovailoa. - 0.88

N. Vedral - 0.85

S. Clifford - 0.81

B. Peters - 0.80

M. Penix - 0.75

H. Johnson - 0.64

S. Petras - 0.58

C. Stroud - 0.50

Don't confuse him with real data- that really chaps him, I feel the tremor of the goal posts moving and I live about 5 miles from the stadium.  ;)

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Don't confuse him with real data- that really chaps him, I feel the tremor of the goal posts moving and I live about 5 miles from the stadium. 

Honestly I'm kinda shocked. I thought it was pretty well known to everyone that watched Nebraska Football that AM had a turnover problem coming into this year. Not saying he sucks or we should bench him. 

• Plus1 2

I do think that Martinez's average turnovers per game are now significantly trending downwards, for whatever that's worth.

Last year he cleaned up interceptions by quite a bit, but it was still fumbles where he was struggling. He's started off strong again in the interceptions department and being smart with not throwing into traffic in 2021...but of course the scoop & score fumble in the Illinois game sticks out in fans' minds in a big way (understandably).

• Plus1 5
8 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Honestly I'm kinda shocked. I thought it was pretty well known to everyone that watched Nebraska Football that AM had a turnover problem coming into this year. Not saying he sucks or we should bench him. 

It is, but once you get a narrative out there, you don't want to go against it. No matter the data. Great kid, we all want to see him succeed and he gives us the best chance at winning- but it is what it is. Mind you there are people out there that deny the Holocaust, so it could be worse. This is just football. :D https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/05/the-world-is-full-of-holocaust-deniers/370870/

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Undone said:

I think what I see right now in the overall fan reaction to this season is that the difficulty of our schedule is being overshadowed by the loss to Illinois.

Losing that game was brutal to the outlook currently.

But when you look at having to play Michigan and Ohio State for the cross-divisional games it's just ridiculous.

You're right, they go hand in hand.  Beat Illinois and start 3-0 with momentum, belief, confidence and a bowl is within reach even with a hard schedule.  Since we lost that game the schedule becomes that much harder as we now have to get one more W. Beat Buffalo and lose to OU and we're 2-2. Now instead of 3-5 in the last 8 we need to be 4-4.

This goes without saying any hope at all is gone if we fumble away the game to Buffalo and start 1-3 during the easiest 4 game stretch of the season.

• Plus1 1