Fordham Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

5 hours ago, BaytownHusker said:

Watching the game thinking to myself. If fordhams Qb was slinging rock for us Manning would have had a few big play opportunity's.  Couple plays manning went deep across the middle but AM didnt throw it. Fordhams qb would have Dimed it up

Meh….Martinez had a decent number of nice deep throws himself. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, BaytownHusker said:

Watching the game thinking to myself. If fordhams Qb was slinging rock for us Manning would have had a few big play opportunity's.  Couple plays manning went deep across the middle but AM didnt throw it. Fordhams qb would have Dimed it up

Fordhams QB missed a couple wide open posts near the goal line. Played well but was off target on some big throws as well.

• Plus1 3

It was a much needed "get right" game.  Thought we played well offensively.  I am a little concerned we couldn't get chunk run plays against Fordham.  Had a handful, but you can't drive 70ish yards consistently on B1G defenses without chunk plays. 

Lack of pass rush is still concerning.  Coverage was ok.  I'm still with em!  We just need to keep growing and stop taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back. 

15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Ah, so you are penalizing him for playing more games than most everyone else. 

Seems legit.

Adrian averaged 1.3 TO/game coming into this season. If an entire team averaged 1.3 turnovers a game the last three years it would be mid-40s nationally. That means 40 Football teams, in their entirety (QB, RB, WR, TE, PR, KR),  turn the ball over less than just AM. This is not groundbreaking stuff. AM and Verdu both acknowledged that he has to cut down the turnovers. I didn't even think this was up for debate. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Adrian averaged 1.3 TO/game coming into this season. If an entire team averaged 1.3 turnovers a game the last three years it would be mid-40s nationally. That means 40 Football teams, in their entirety (QB, RB, WR, TE, PR, KR),  turn the ball over less than just AM. This is not groundbreaking stuff. AM and Verdu both acknowledged that he has to cut down the turnovers. I didn't even think this was up for debate. 

In two minutes of looking I found another B1G QB who had more turnovers than Adrian did last year.  So not only did Martinez not lead the conference in turnovers "by a wide margin" he didn't lead at all.  Which means your statement is false unless you are comparing everyone's totals over the last three years which would be penalizing him for playing way more games than most everyone else, which seems like you're finding stats to fit your narrative as opposed to really looking at it objectively.

The stats you are stating above have so little to do with your original assertion - not to mention doing nothing to prove your point - it's almost comical.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

I think what I see right now in the overall fan reaction to this season is that the difficulty of our schedule is being overshadowed by the loss to Illinois.

Losing that game was brutal to the outlook currently.

But when you look at having to play Michigan and Ohio State for the cross-divisional games it's just ridiculous.

• Plus1 1