Fordham Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

42 minutes ago, teachercd said:

He did not get benched, Frost made a mistake, which we all admitted.

Dude has 15 games over 300 yards of offense.  Last year he had no WR's and no line.  

What do you mean he didn't get benched? Is that just a semantics disagreement? Mistake or not, McCafferey ended up starting instead of him at one point, and Martinez absolutely played a role in that decision.

I also think it is disingenuous to gloss over the fact that he averages more than one turnover per game and ignore the cacophony of other mistakes he has made by focusing on offensive yardage output. If you step back and look at the whole picture, Martinez is a roller coaster quarterback. There's no denying he hasn't had great pieces around him but there's also no denying that he is a liability more often than he should be.

• Plus1 5
47 minutes ago, Enhance said:

What do you mean he didn't get benched? Is that just a semantics disagreement? Mistake or not, McCafferey ended up starting instead of him at one point, and Martinez absolutely played a role in that decision.

I also think it is disingenuous to gloss over the fact that he averages more than one turnover per game and ignore the cacophony of other mistakes he has made by focusing on offensive yardage output. If you step back and look at the whole picture, Martinez is a roller coaster quarterback. There's no denying he hasn't had great pieces around him but there's also no denying that he is a liability more often than he should be.

Don't feed him. He's doing his thing again.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Let's not do this...let's not take a very good performance from AM against Fordham and point to it as a "see, he is good"...I want him to be good, but want to see it vs a pulse

Or the reverse, everything is his fault. 

someone criticized how he through the ball away last week, for chrissakes. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Enhance said:

Sure but he is still the best QB in the west.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Let's not do this...let's not take a very good performance from AM against Fordham and point to it as a "see, he is good"...I want him to be good, but want to see it vs a pulse

People can do whatever they want.  

He showed in this game that he can make great throws. Now, yes…..he needs to it against better teams. But to do that, the O line has to hold up too. 

13 hours ago, teachercd said:

Scary to think that AM is the best QB in the division yet some people still hate on him.

Did you see Fartz from Wisconsin, or Tanner Morgan or that NW QB.

Being queen of the pigs doesn’t make you a pretty queen.   Hopefully AM can replicate the Fordham game against Big10 quality opponents, while making faster decisions. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Dan Mullen is 30-9 at Florida

Jimbo Fisher is 27-10 at Texas A&M

Most other coaches hired by notable programs in 2018 have already been fired.

Granted, my search was quick and most likely incomplete.  But these four coaches were the only coaches I saw that were hired in 2018 and still with that team today.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Dan Mullen is 30-9 at Florida

Jimbo Fisher is 27-10 at Texas A&M

Most other coaches hired by notable programs in 2018 have already been fired.

Granted, my search was quick and most likely incomplete.  But these four coaches were the only coaches I saw that were hired in 2018 and still with that team today.

Wasn’t saying anything different. Just found that interesting.