Buffalo: What Did We Learn?

Mavric

9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

We'll see how he does when the competition steps up, but I feel like he's kinda flown under the radar for having that many TFLs. He shows up and balls out, but he doesn't blow you away. For me at least

Yeah, I mean I hope he keeps it up but I don’t think 1.5 TFLs per game after 3 games vs Illinois, Fordham and Buffalo screams Suh or Crick or Gregory. Maybe we should see what it looks like after 3 more games.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, I mean I hope he keeps it up but I don’t think 1.5 TFLs per game after 3 games vs Illinois, Fordham and Buffalo screams Suh or Crick or Gregory. Maybe we should see what it looks like after 3 more games.

If we had a stud MLB, or linemen, he might look a lot better I suppose. Definitely a guy I want on any team though.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ZRod said:

If we had a stud MLB, or linemen, he might look a lot better I suppose. Definitely a guy I want on any team though.

I love the way Nelson plays and he could end up being that good. But it’s premature to mention him in that company after only playing the 3 worst teams on our schedule.

• Oh Yeah! 1

I thought it was a great game.  Seen it several times (game, then highlights). 

Buff has a real good offense and the blackshirts got after it.  I did not see this coming, so I will own it.  Loved seeing NU go get it like they should.  Offense got to pick it up a little bit, but overall I was very pleased.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

I'm equally impressed with the 0 in the interceptions column.  Adrian has thrown it well this year when he has time.  What I learned from this Buffalo game is that AM is a hell of a football player.  He does some stupid stuff, but so far he's the best thing we have going on offense!

I got grief in one of the other threads, but he's made really good decisions so far this year. Everytime he's chosen to take off he's done it quickly and it was a good decision that got us yards. I don't think he's really forced any passes either. Maybe some he should have against Ill to make something happen, but that got him in trouble last year.

• Plus1 2
Just now, ZRod said:

I got grief in one of the other threads, but he's made really good decisions so far this year. Everytime he's chosen to take off he's done it quickly and it was a good decision that got us yards. I don't think he's really forced any passes either (maybe some he should of against I'll).

I think Adrian, and the rest of the Nebraska team would love a mulligan.  If we played them again we win by 20+.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I think Adrian, and the rest of the Nebraska team would love a mulligan.  If we played them again we win by 20+.  

Idk. The issues from that game still persist. Line is not good. RBs can't find lanes. Poor pressure by our defense after the first half. Special teams :facepalm:...

• Plus1 2