Bring the boys back home

8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

If we were actually close we would beat the Minnesotas and Purdues of the world by 2-3 touchdowns and not barely lose to most teams however s#!tty or good they are.

It doesn't mean anything anymore to barely lose to top 10 teams, because the previous and next week we've also lost to a team that sucks. You have to start beating teams like that or claiming we're close makes you sound like a moron (speaking of Frost here).

I fully agree.  Illinois just beat Minnesota with a 1st year head coach and they only allowed Minnesota to score 6 points the entire game while we gave up 30 to Minnesota.  Both Riley and Pelini had a positive winning record against NW, Purdue, Minnesota and Illinois which are the programs that we must go 3-1 against every season to get back to respectability and making bowls yet Frost is 6-10 against those teams.  That record is why TA must make the decision to move on from Frost.  He cannot get his teams motivated and ready to play the weaker competition so it really does not matter if we are "close" to beating some of the top teams in the conference.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

In hindsight we took a MAJOR risk with Frost as he had only 2 years with HC experience at UCF and won was a losing season and the other was a magical season.  At the end of this football season he will have been a head coach for 6 years with 5 of those years coaching teams to a losing season.  Good/Great coaches find ways to win games no matter the circumstances they are dealt.  He is not a good coach, plain and simple.  The strategy of some fans is to hope he can figure things out or hire guys who know what they are doing, but as I have always been taught, hope is not a strategy.

So you don't like Frost.  Funny most fans said that the husker was a dumpster file under Riley and that frost needed at least 5 years.  How the mind turns.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

So you don't like Frost.  Funny most fans said that the husker was a dumpster file under Riley and that frost needed at least 5 years.  How the mind turns.

I like Frost as a person but do not believe he is a good coach. Some fans on here have a hard time separating their emotional connection to Frost with his job performance.  I am able to separate the two and conclude that he has not done enough to earn a 5th year. I would make the same conclusion if Tom Herman were our coach as I don't believe in playing favorites simply because the coach was a former player.  

It sounds like you are comfortable with the program being in the dumps under Frost and on pace to finish last in a division for the first time in history. Were you also asking for Riley to be given at least 5 years (and we all know there were lopsided losses but also he had a much higher winning percentage overall)?

For the record, I was consistent in my belief that it was time to move on from Riley just as I feel the same for Frost.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, ndobney said:

You are letting your emotions cloud your judgement and your not able to step back and see the big picture. Overall we are clos; offense is a mess but there is talent there and we are averaging 30 ppg and I'm not even sure our LT has landed a block this season, Adrian Martinez makes some of the worst mistakes imaginable when he gets nervous that's not Frost fault and the kickers are missing fgs left and right. Its actually a mini miracle that we have averaged 30 ppg. Our defense is allowing 20 ppg. 

This is the greatest post of all time

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I like Frost as a person but do not believe he is a good coach. Some fans on here have a hard time separating their emotional connection to Frost with his job performance.  I am able to separate the two and conclude that he has not done enough to earn a 5th year. I would make the same conclusion if Tom Herman were our coach as I don't believe in playing favorites simply because the coach was a former player.  

It sounds like you are comfortable with the program being in the dumps under Frost and on pace to finish last in a division for the first time in history. Were you also asking for Riley to be given at least 5 years (and we all know there were lopsided losses but also he had a much higher winning percentage overall)?

For the record, I was consistent in my belief that it was time to move on from Riley just as I feel the same for Frost.  

He needs to make some asst. coach changes.  If he can not see that, than I agree with you he is not a football CEO

14 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Yes, Frost inherited a dumpster fire. But that doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to make progress in wins and losses before year 5. It's great he's playing 3 great programs close, but it's not good to lose all 4 games between Illinois, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Purdue. If Frost were 3-1 or even 2-2 against those teams, I would be more accepting that Frost is "close". But when Frost can't beat the teams I mention above, then the program "isn't close". 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, Frost inherited a dumpster fire. But that doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to make progress in wins and losses before year 5. It's great he's playing 3 great programs close, but it's not good to lose all 4 games between Illinois, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Purdue. If Frost were 3-1 or even 2-2 against those teams, I would be more accepting that Frost is "close". But when Frost can't beat the teams I mention above, then the program "isn't close". 

Agree to disagree.  Def. Is proof.  D-line shut down the run and made teams one dimensional this year.  Our o-line needs a coach to develope.  Best offense is one that is physical in the run game making the play action effective. 

5 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Agree to disagree.  Def. Is proof.  D-line shut down the run and made teams one dimensional this year.  Our o-line needs a coach to develope.  Best offense is one that is physical in the run game making the play action effective. 

Our defense has been inconsistent at times, as well. They made the Illini backup QB look like a Heisman candidate, and Purdue's QB looked like Drew Brees out there. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

N/m

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

Scott's had 4 years to coach up Adrian and unlock his potential. That's his guy he recruited away from Tennessee his first offseason.

If AM continues to not get it done and yet he's still rolled out there with a bum ankle and a broken jaw because it's the best we got, it's 110% on Frost at this point.

Doesn't really inspire confidence about him magically conjuring up a stud QB in the future, either.

I agree that it’s on him for too stubborn to realize that AM is not and never will be the QB talent he envisioned to run his offense.  I don’t believe there is anymore potential to unlock in the passing game.  AM is what he is.  A running QB who can hit some open receivers from time to time. I’ve said so before. 

I’m not buying the “broken jaw”.   If he has a high ankle sprain and it’s affecting him, that’s also on Frost for playing a QB that is hurt and incapable of playing well during crunch time (as noted by his play in four minute offense the pst few years) 

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, lo country said:

Here is the problem.  We are not actually close.  Frost is 1-3 against both of these teams.  We are now the team in the B1G, like Rutgers and Maryland that everyone should beat.  The "worst" coach ever in Riley was 2-3 against these two teams........FROST has made us worse.  We are the B1G's punching bag.  I have no idea why people think giving a failed coach another year will miraculously produce more wins next year.  We have 4 games we "should" win.  NW is a toss up and the other teams we lost to or have yet to beat under Frost (hoping we win Wisky and Iowa this year).

Because you cant keep rinse lather repeat over and over and over and over and get any better than what we have.  Let me put it to you this way.  We have all the sec drama but none of the sec talent.  Its easier when you can just southern reload mississippi st or south caroline and still win a chunk of your games.  I dont know what is going on with frost, but i think the big money people are tired of doing this restarting over and over again.  Frankly its probably affecting there bottom line.  I think they want to push this to the max before giving up.  And yes it does half to do with who it is also.  If we show no patience and fire one of our own, how will that look.

8 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Our defense has been inconsistent at times, as well. They made the Illini backup QB look like a Heisman candidate, and Purdue's QB looked like Drew Brees out there. 

True. Minny scored 30 against us yet only got 6 vs Illinois this weekend. With that said the D has been WAY better than offense or special teams. We are losing a lot of experience on defense next year so I am not sure what to expect.