Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Doesn't this leak, with an opinion that I think most people don't agree with, help the D's out a lot?

Kinda maybe for the midterms, but it also forces the Supreme Court to look like it's not capitulating to the leak. 

If you like Civil War, this could be the new Fort Sumpter.

I've had some time to read up and Alito's use of precedents is actually pretty idiotic, and the case for perjury against Kavanaugh and Coney-Barrett is more legitimate than I thought.

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Hmmm... hyperbole huh?  How long until we're treading in the full abortion ban ā la El Salvador?

Yep

Republican Prairieville Rep. Tony Bacala voted for the bill even though he agreed it "won't pass (constitutional) muster."

• Plus1 2

57 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Kinda maybe for the midterms, but it also forces the Supreme Court to look like it's not capitulating to the leak. 

If you like Civil War, this could be the new Fort Sumpter.

I've had some time to read up and Alito's use of precedents is actually pretty idiotic, and the case for perjury against Kavanaugh and Coney-Barrett is more legitimate than I thought.

• Plus1 3
Just now, funhusker said:

I understood him to mean it won't be Constitutional if Roe vs Wade stands.

I read it to mean the bill voted on is basically unconstitutional, but it still begs to question why anyone would vote for a bill they know to be unconstitutional.  That’s the political theater we all hate. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

I read it to mean the bill voted on is basically unconstitutional, but it still begs to question why anyone would vote for a bill they know to be unconstitutional.  That’s the political theater we all hate. 

Legislatures all over the country, Red states anyway, have "unconstitutional" laws on the ready for when/if Roe is overturned.  And yes, I hate it too.

I consider myself Pro-Life.  I think if people that are pro life spent more time and money changing hearts instead of laws, the world would look different.  You know what else is Pro-Life when you take the politics out of it?

Death penalty

Poverty

Hunger

(i am sure I am missing a few other things.)

How about we make those thing illegal too.  You want to change the world?  Take those things with the vigor that you take on abortion with.  Heck poverty probably has more to do with abortion than any thing else.

Work hard to fight those atrocities!  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I consider myself Pro-Life.  I think if people that are pro life spent more time and money changing hearts instead of laws, the world would look different.  You know what else is Pro-Life when you take the politics out of it?

Death penalty

Poverty

Hunger

How about we make those thing illegal too.  You want to change the world?  Take those things with the vigor that you take on abortion with.  Heck poverty probably has more to do with abortion than any thing else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Parker_Ray

https://criminalminds.fandom.com/wiki/Leonard_Lake_and_Charles_Ng

I get what you are saying...but there are people that deserve to die.

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Protest all you want, for goodness' sakes VOTE, and raise all the hell you can.

But for crying out loud do NOT do this, ya nards. 

It is not illegal though, is it?  

41 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Death penalty

Poverty

Hunger

I think I know what you're saying, but obviously many of the same people have been fighting the death penalty, inequity in criminal justice and education, poverty, hunger, mental illness, access to firearms, etc.  For most of the past 50 years, legal abortion appeared to be the law of the land so it didn't require as much "vigor."  It's a bit weird in the wake of this seismic overnight shift that you think people are paying too much attention to abortion, and suggesting they've been lax in the other areas where conservatives have perpetuated these "atrocities" (your word).

The unifying thread to all this: when kids are allowed to feel wanted, loved, and trusting, it helps the entire spectrum of social and economic issues.