Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would love to have someone explain to me how someone can be "over educated".  Really?  Sorry....you just have too much information and are too smart.

Yep...I should have told my daughter, who is graduating tomorrow with her doctorate in dentistry (humblebrag).....or my daughter who is graduating in August with a masters in Language and speech pathology (double humblebrag), that they should have never pursued that much education because...then you will just be over educated.

What an idiot.

Speech Path?  Nice!  She will have her pick of job.

13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

And no, they should not have a say if it is legal or not.

I guess it’s good the SCOTUS is apparently striking down Roe then since it was men that decided what was legal or not.  Now we can start fresh.  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
41 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Congrats on both daughters and you have a right to be proud of their accomplishments.   "Learning is like rowing a boat upstream.  Once you stop, you go backwards." Chinese proverb

And yes - Gaetz is an idiot. 

Thanks.  That's along with my son who's graduating next weekend from UNL with his undergrad.  I wonder if he's "over educated".

41 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, those dudes are at those things looking for girls...think about it.

And no, they should not have a say if it is legal or not.

They can have a say while they discuss the option with the person they knocked up...but they should not have a say in the legality of it.

Is it safe to assume that you don't view the fetus as a person? Because the above is problematic for those who do. 

If it's a person from conception, then ending the pregnancy is murder. Murder, of course, is a societal issue and must be dealt with via societal laws, which encompass all genders. 

There's just no way to eliminate males from the conversation. 

24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Is it safe to assume that you don't view the fetus as a person? Because the above is problematic for those who do. 

If it's a person from conception, then ending the pregnancy is murder. Murder, of course, is a societal issue and must be dealt with via societal laws, which encompass all genders. 

Oh yeah, there is clearly no way to elimnate males from this even though they should just be like "yeah, this is up to women" but they won't.  Which really is unfortunate.

It can be 100% legal and men can still have a voice, they just have to use that voice to talk to the person that is pregnant.  The voice of the man is not really "gone" it is just not there concerning the law.

But once you take that option away...the woman is now "voiceless"

Plus, without abortion clinics what are all those weirdo sign-holding protesters gonna do with their time?

55 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Thanks.  That's along with my son who's graduating next weekend from UNL with his undergrad.  I wonder if he's "over educated".

It is an academic term.

I have two advanced degrees that I don't use (mostly because I am unhireable and people hate me) but I am over educated for the position I hold.

I work with another teacher who has a PhD (two actually), one of them is part-time.  Kind of over educated for what they do.  Not in a bad way, just not really what they need.

I did not watch the clip that was posted but my guess is the person was just using the term incorrectly...so they are probably under educated! 

But it would be like your daughter with her dental degree...becoming a dental asst.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is an academic term.

I have two advanced degrees that I don't use (mostly because I am unhireable and people hate me) but I am over educated for the position I hold.

I work with another teacher who has a PhD (two actually), one of them is part-time.  Kind of over educated for what they do.  Not in a bad way, just not really what they need.

I did not watch the clip that was posted but my guess is the person was just using the term incorrectly...so they are probably under educated! 

But it would be like your daughter with her dental degree...becoming a dental asst.  

I’m pretty sure that’s not what Matt meant. 

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I think Louie CK pretty much hits the nail on the head, essentially hinting that we all kind of deep down know or believe that it's at least.... kinda murdering a baby, but plenty of us think women should have the right to do that.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The Flat Earth folks are always recruiting new members...

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Hahaha!  

They can meet up with the Westboro people and people that think Iowa is a great football program.

Hate to tell ya this teach but I’m pretty sure those are all the same people. No meeting up required :lol:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Oh yeah, there is clearly no way to elimnate males from this even though they should just be like "yeah, this is up to women" but they won't.  Which really is unfortunate.

It can be 100% legal and men can still have a voice, they just have to use that voice to talk to the person that is pregnant.  The voice of the man is not really "gone" it is just not there concerning the law.

But once you take that option away...the woman is now "voiceless"

Plus, without abortion clinics what are all those weirdo sign-holding protesters gonna do with their time?

You really don't know those people do you.  You've been reading too many far left cartoons.  They will do what most of them already do - take care of women who are in a crisis pregnancy situation.  Help these women with care during the pregnancy and care of the child and mother afterwards or assist with adoption services.   I understand pro-life pregnancy centers out number abortion clinics nationwide.   

1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

I think Louie CK pretty much hits the nail on the head, essentially hinting that we all kind of deep down know or believe that it's at least.... kinda murdering a baby, but plenty of us think women should have the right to do that.

I guess that’s what annoys me about the really militant pro choicers, my body my choice types. At the very least it is definitely ending a potential life. It gets a little more involved for religious folks when they believe that fetus already has a soul. So yeah, everybody should get that it’s at least a little murdery.

I guess I’ve grown to accept it and rationalize it for two basic reasons. 1- That fetus/baby hasn’t experienced life so really has no clue what they are missing out on. In my mind that mitigates it a bit. And 2- I’m not that impressed with most people anyway. About the last thing we need are hundreds of thousands more in society who A) weren’t really wanted and B) whose parents couldn’t figure out a more proactive, less murdery way to prevent pregnancy. Ya, I can be kind of a d!(k.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

You really don't know those people do you.  You've been reading too many far left cartoons.  They will do what most of them already do - take care of women who are in a crisis pregnancy situation.  Help these women with care during the pregnancy and care of the child and mother afterwards or assist with adoption services.   I understand pro-life pregnancy centers out number abortion clinics nationwide.   

I do know those people.

The only far cartoon I read is far side.

Look, I 100% get what you are saying but I think the point you don't want to understand is that a lot women that want an abortion have already contemplated the "help" they can get from Tom Niceguy who will help them and so on...they have thought about it over and over, they have cried about it, they have researched it and chatted with friends about it but they don't want that...so they should have another choice.  Instead of becoming a human baby-mill.  

Do you have any clue at all (I know you do, you don't need to answer) how many thousands and thousands of kids are sitting in foster care at the moment?  It is like half a million.  

I am not saying that abortion should be mandatory, I am just saying it should be available.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1