Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

I have an agenda to protect the people I love from the court's overreach into their lives.

Alito's draft calls into question rights to:

• contraception

• interracial marriage

• gay marriage

• gay sex

• reside with relatives

• marry while in prison

• direct your children's education

• not to be sterilized without your consent

• not to undergo involuntary surgery or be forced to take drugs

All because they are, as he claims, not "deeply rooted" in history.

I couldn't more vehemently disagree with him, or the draft's assertion that anything not "deeply rooted in history" is by its nature not a right.

If you think that smacks of a "certain political agenda" then more power to you.

I love the people I love. And they have a right to love, and to peace and happiness and freedom. Control over their bodies, and control over their lives without authoritarian interference.

And there it is. If this decision goes through, Republicans on the bench, in Congress, and in the White House, are going to use this to cut a swath through most of the social progress we've made as a country in the last 50 years.

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

People like him are just f#&%ing irritating and need to crawl back in their hole.  He has no clue who did the leak and for what reason....because right now, nobody knows except the person who did it.  

Things like this just keep convincing me that the internet was a mistake. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
34 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Speaking of...

I would love to have someone explain to me how someone can be "over educated".  Really?  Sorry....you just have too much information and are too smart.

Yep...I should have told my daughter, who is graduating tomorrow with her doctorate in dentistry (humblebrag).....or my daughter who is graduating in August with a masters in Language and speech pathology (double humblebrag), that they should have never pursued that much education because...then you will just be over educated.

What an idiot.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

My statement is correct.

Dudes should not even have a say in abortion laws.

So Fathers shouldn't have a say??  And by the way, more that Dudes who are prolife. At Prolife rallies there are just as many females as mail and probably more. This isn't a male vs female issue. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

People having the vapors over this leak don't know their Supreme Court history.

Of course, focusing on the leak is the point for some.

Both are important.   History as indeed shown there have been leaks at the SC but not all are this monumental or as monumental as the one in 1973. 

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would love to have someone explain to me how someone can be "over educated".  Really?  Sorry....you just have too much information and are too smart.

Yep...I should have told my daughter, who is graduating tomorrow with her doctorate in dentistry (humblebrag).....or my daughter who is graduating in August with a masters in Language and speech pathology (double humblebrag), that they should have never pursued that much education because...then you will just be over educated.

What an idiot.

Congrats on both daughters and you have a right to be proud of their accomplishments.   "Learning is like rowing a boat upstream.  Once you stop, you go backwards." Chinese proverb

And yes - Gaetz is an idiot. 

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Both are important.   History as indeed shown there have been leaks at the SC but not all are this monumental or as monumental as the one in 1973. 

They are not equally important. Leaking this draft is not criminal. It violates norms but no laws.

And we've just had five years+ of norms shattered by the same political party that now wants to swoon over the leak - and ignore the intent of this ruling.

Eyes on the prize. That's what I say.

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So Fathers shouldn't have a say??  And by the way, more that Dudes who are prolife. At Prolife rallies there are just as many females as mail and probably more. This isn't a male vs female issue. 

I mean, those dudes are at those things looking for girls...think about it.

And no, they should not have a say if it is legal or not.

They can have a say while they discuss the option with the person they knocked up...but they should not have a say in the legality of it.

• Plus1 1