TE Carter Nelson

HuskerBoard Predictor  

44 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Nelson commit?

• Nebraska
    • Georgia
    • Alabama

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, Scofrosghost said:

Don’t let them get to you @Huskerfollower4life. I personally find your posts entertaining and husker board would be a lot more boring without you. You do you

Thank you.  It's like certain people make it a point to be offensive like if you don't like the question you don't even have to comment or say anything.  It's not like they hurt my feelings but I don't understand why can't we all get along regardless if we have different opinions on a subject matter.  Some people may not even like the questions I ask and think they are stupid or dumb but others might be thinking the same thing I am and tend not to ask bc they feel they might get chastised by certain individual's.  I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME OR THE QUESTIONS I ASK.

The whole reason why I asked about Carter Nelson and him playing wr for us and not tight end is bc Georgia clearly is doing something right by being in the national spot light for years.  Yes they are one of the top teams in recruiting but without their coaches they wouldn't be anything.  So my whole point behind me asking is if Georgia see's that Carter Nelson has the speed to play on the outside and be a wide receiver as his primary position why wouldn't Nebraska even not think about it.  Yes I know HC Matt Rhule loves versatility in every position but maybe we could get more out of him if he just stuck with that position.  Look at what happened to Wandale Robinson.  Yes he left bc of covid but I feel the over usage of him switching from running back to slot wr played apart in him leaving too.  He couldn't grow into one position bc the coaches loved his versatility too much.  Im hoping that it doesn't happen to Carter Nelson as well.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

The whole reason why I asked about Carter Nelson and him playing wr for us and not tight end is bc Georgia clearly is doing something right by being in the national spot light for years.  Yes they are one of the top teams in recruiting but without their coaches they wouldn't be anything.  So my whole point behind me asking is if Georgia see's that Carter Nelson has the speed to play on the outside and be a wide receiver as his primary position why wouldn't Nebraska even not think about it.  Yes I know HC Matt Rhule loves versatility in every position but maybe we could get more out of him if he just stuck with that position.  Look at what happened to Wandale Robinson.  Yes he left bc of covid but I feel the over usage of him switching from running back to slot wr played apart in him leaving too.  He couldn't grow into one position bc the coaches loved his versatility too much.  Im hoping that it doesn't happen to Carter Nelson as well.

Kirby is a used car salesman who will tell recruits whatever they want to hear to get them onboard.  If he were being honest he would tell Nelson he floods every position with talent and cycles those that lose out.  If Nelson goes to Georgia & thrives, he surely will take snaps removed from the LOS, he may line up wide occasionally for various reasons, he will never be a WR.  That's utter nonsense provided to address the concerns of a recruit entering a crowded room.  

Wandale came to NU claiming he wanted to play the D'Anthony Thomas role.  Maybe he never watched the guy play at Oregon, because when he left he complained about being used out of the backfield & as a returner.  

4 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

Kirby is a used car salesman who will tell recruits whatever they want to hear to get them onboard.  If he were being honest he would tell Nelson he floods every position with talent and cycles those that lose out.  If Nelson goes to Georgia & thrives, he surely will take snaps removed from the LOS, he may line up wide occasionally for various reasons, he will never be a WR.  That's utter nonsense provided to address the concerns of a recruit entering a crowded room.  

Wandale came to NU claiming he wanted to play the D'Anthony Thomas role.  Maybe he never watched the guy play at Oregon, because when he left he complained about being used out of the backfield & as a returner.

You make great points.  But Kirby still can point to his success to get them on board like a national championship win most coaches can't. Not named Dabo or Saban.

6 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I see him coming out of fall camp ahead of Jacob Hood if I’m being honest.

I don't know why you or couple of members have a problem with Jacob Hood especially with how our o-line has played and performance throughout the years. You would think you would want change.  Wouldn't you say it's easier to lose weight then to put on weight and gain it.  Yes, I don't think he will be a starter this year but next year watch out!!!

Ugh, now I'm really torn. I'd really like to see Nelson go to NU but I also really don't like Sean Callahan who I think is a schmuck and the thought of him having to drive back and forth across the state for basically no reason makes me giggle like a little schoolgirl.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Ugh, now I'm really torn. I'd really like to see Nelson go to NU but I also really don't like Sean Callahan who I think is a schmuck and the thought of him having to drive back and forth across the state for basically no reason makes me giggle like a little schoolgirl.

What's wrong with Sean Callahan?  He does a great job of reporting Nebraska news.

• TBH 1
  • Mavric changed the title to TE Carter Nelson
  • Mavric pinned this topic