What's going on at Northwestern?

On 7/17/2023 at 2:59 PM, Lorewarn said:

To be clear, they can be fired 2 weeks before the start of camp, but it would be really inconvenient and drastic for them to do so. 

Pretty glaring inconsistency to fire the head coach (after only suspending him) for negligence and ignorance at best and toxic direct influence at worst, but then to pretend that all of the rest of the coaches weren't also either ignorant or negligent or involved in all of this. 

From what I've seen there are four coaches who were hired in January including the DC who is the interim head coach.    Those four probably have a chance to claim ignorance, but everyone else is hosed & should never work in coaching again (or probably anywhere that requires direct interaction with other people).

14 hours ago, Mavric said:

This seems to be a tale of everyone doing the wrong thing, most especially the adults. 18-22 year olds (or anyone really) should not have to be in an environment like this. But it's so much worse for 18-22 year olds because they don't have enough perspective to realize reporting and leaving won't ruin their lives.

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Link? An internet search didn't find anything.

i believe this is the link you are looking for

https://abc7chicago.com/northwestern-football-hazing-scandal-locker-room/13530598/

That includes an alleged "rape" of one woman athlete by another, he said. That incident "went reported and, ultimately [was] not acted upon, followed by retaliation. Unbelievable stories. Not only as it relates to the acts but ... reaction to it," Salvi told the Sun-Times.

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, commando said:

i believe this is the link you are looking for

https://abc7chicago.com/northwestern-football-hazing-scandal-locker-room/13530598/

That includes an alleged "rape" of one woman athlete by another, he said. That incident "went reported and, ultimately [was] not acted upon, followed by retaliation. Unbelievable stories. Not only as it relates to the acts but ... reaction to it," Salvi told the Sun-Times.

That's the one. :thumbs

What in the hell....I come from out of my sports hibernation for Big 10 media days, and I find out that Fitz been fired at NW and all hell done broke loose?!?

When you see Ben Crump talking about your organization, you know it ain't gonna be good for you.

Brand new B1G commish too??? 

Holy smokes.

• Haha 1