NBA 2023-24

5 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

In fairness, Wizards wanted flexibility.  CP3 is an expiring that they're buying out most likely, while Beal has like 4-5 years left.

From the way I understand CP3's contract, he had a partially guaranteed contract for roughly 5 million.  Once traded, it became fully guaranteed at 30 Million.   Going to cost the Wiz a lot to get rid of him and that's why they are trying to find a 3rd team to ship CP3 to and maybe get more pieces.  No one wants him at that price.   A lot of interest for vet minimum for him.  Which CP3 will be for since he's getting 30 Mill from the Wiz.

On 6/20/2023 at 11:49 AM, sho said:

From the way I understand CP3's contract, he had a partially guaranteed contract for roughly 5 million.  Once traded, it became fully guaranteed at 30 Million.   Going to cost the Wiz a lot to get rid of him and that's why they are trying to find a 3rd team to ship CP3 to and maybe get more pieces.  No one wants him at that price.   A lot of interest for vet minimum for him.  Which CP3 will be for since he's getting 30 Mill from the Wiz.

I believe he was due $15 mill if he got waived.  I think the Suns needed to guarantee the remainder so they could make the salaries work in the trade.  In any case, Wizards are looking for long term flexibility, and now they have it.  They could hold onto him (cause what difference does it make if you're in a full rebuild?) or if they think they could get anything valuable...bring another team into the Beal trade.  I think they'll buy him out, and the question will be which LA team picks him up at that point.

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

I like this, I think this actually hurts boston more than helps them.   Of all these trades that have just happened, I'm really curious about the fit of CP3 in Golden State.   His pace seems slower than what the Warriors run.   It'll be interesting to see how that works.

• suh_fan93 changed the title to NBA 2023-24